http://www.one.org Dixie Peach: The Blues in Three Lines

Cooler than the other side of the pillow.

Thursday, April 10, 2008

The Blues in Three Lines

Let's have some fun. I'm about done in with feeling blue over the lost of Gumbo. I'm still sad but it's beginning to smother me and that's my signal for a little distraction.

Time to tacky up a revered form of Japanese poetry.

Stand at streetcar stop
Drizzle starts and annoys me
Either rain or don't.

Soccer's on TV
Please! Luca! Just make a goal!
I'm a nervous wreck.

Had shrimp for supper
With pasta, veggies and sauce
Pink curls of heaven.

Yay! Ribéry scores!
A goal in the last minute!
He's my French boyfriend.

Two goals against us.
Impossible to win now.
Soccer is grueome.


Great. Now I'm bluer than when I started.

No poems tomorrow. Some good shuffling though. Drop on by and wear your dancing shoes.

Edited to add: I think I just had a heart attack. The Getafe vs. Bayern-München was tied after 90 minutes but since their first game was also tied 1-1 they had to play overtime. Within just a few minutes of the first overtime period Getafe scored 2 goals. What's the chances of coming back from that? Normally those chances would be pretty slim but Luca Toni (my Italian boyfriend) scored one goal and then literally in the last minute he scored another goal. Game over. It was 3-3 but since Bayern scored more goals when they were the away team they move ahead in the UEFA cup.

Now I have to restart my heart.

Labels:

3Comments:

Blogger Rositta said...

Sorry about the loss of your group. Have you considered checking out Second Life? I'm told it's quite fun and you could get the rest of your group over there too...ciao

3:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I suggest you listen to Kick Start My Heart by Motley Crue. It seems like an appropriate song for your situation.

I'm blue too.

Mollie

3:38 AM  
Blogger Maria said...

Singing the blues (badly, I might add), too. Loved the haikus.

2:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home