http://www.one.org Dixie Peach: Friday Shuffle - Heavy and Round Edition

Cooler than the other side of the pillow.

Friday, May 23, 2008

Friday Shuffle - Heavy and Round Edition

Today I spent 7.55€ (roughly $12) on a 5.43 kilo (roughly 12 pound) watermelon. Does that sound expensive to you? A dollar a pound for watermelon sounds sort of expensive to me, especially considering about half the weight is rind. At least half the weight. Jeez, for that price this watermelon had better taste like heaven on the end of my fork.

Eaten with a twang of salt, of course.

Let's shuffle.
  1. Sharp, Cool & Collected - Beatsteaks
  2. No Reply - The Beatles
  3. Puppet Cabaret - Friska Viljor
  4. The Age Of The Understatement - The Last Shadow Puppets
  5. Salute Your Solution - The Raconteurs
  6. I Believe - Diamond Rio
  7. Creepin' Up The Backstairs - The Fratellis
  8. Jeepster - Marc Bolan & T. Rex
  9. Please Read The Letter - Robert Plant/Alison Krauss
  10. Bad Case Of Loving You - Robert Palmer

Labels:

3Comments:

Blogger Marshamlow said...

My watermellon have been flavorless lately, hope yours is better. I like it with salt too. I thought of you this evening as I prepared the spanish rice (was that what you called it?) recipe you posted awhile ago. We love it and have it all the time. I put a lot of spice in tonight and my tongue is still sizzling a bit. Thanks so much for sharing it. Have a great weekend.

2:54 AM  
Blogger Kathy said...

That does sound like an expensive watermelon. What do you think of The Last Shadow Puppets? Their music keeps getting recommended to me.

12:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You buying your fruit at Saks?

D Mollie

3:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home