http://www.one.org Dixie Peach: Friday Shuffle - Pastel Sweets Edition

Cooler than the other side of the pillow.

Friday, July 18, 2008

Friday Shuffle - Pastel Sweets Edition

I finished these last weekend and waited until I had nothing to write for just the right moment to show them to you.

Hey look! It's the right moment!

Photobucket


Yarny talk:

Pattern: Spring Forward
Needles: 2.5mm double pointed needles
Yarn: Austermann Step
Colorway: 0010

I've been trying to connect my July blog posts to the subject of food so what do these hand knit socks have to do with food? The muted, semi-pastel colors of the socks remind me of the colors you find in a roll of Necco Wafers. I never was a fan of Necco Wafers (few things are worse than the black licorice flavored ones) but at one time they were quite useful when my friends and I found that we could trip the toll booths around Richmond by flipping in a Necco Wafer instead of an actual coin.

Let's shuffle.
  1. Someone Like You - I Am Kloot
  2. Mrs. Robinson - The Lemonheads
  3. Call It Love - Poco
  4. This Is How I Know - Ron Sexsmith
  5. Wooden Heart (Muss I Denn) - Elvis Presley
  6. Here Comes The Rain - The Mavericks
  7. All Over You - Live
  8. Your Own Worst Enemy - Bruce Springsteen
  9. Long Cool Woman - The Hollies
  10. Vince The Loveable Stoner - The Fratellis

Labels: , ,

6Comments:

Blogger sari said...

I think I'm going to have to listen to the Fratellis - they come up on Bixente a lot!

12:26 AM  
Blogger Seona said...

Fabulous socks! I love that yarn.

1:44 AM  
Blogger Molly said...

Love the socks!
The Necco wafers' best flavor was licorice! Followed closely by chocolate.

5:09 PM  
Blogger Marshamlow said...

I am not a fan of Necco wafers either. Can't believe they can be used for tolls. You are a wild one. I love those socks!

7:32 PM  
Blogger Dixie said...

Sari - I love me some Fratellis. Jon Fratelli's young enough to be my son but he's just got the little something that I find so appealing. Which is the dignified way of saying I think he's hot.

Seona - Thanks for the compliment and thanks for dropping by here! I've gotten lots of compliments on Ravelry on this yarn and I have to say it knitted up even prettier than it looked on the skein. I'd like to say I have good taste in yarn but I mostly picked it because the socks are for my niece and she loves pink but didn't want to knit a solid pink pair of socks.

Molly - I'm glad you like the socks - thanks! And I'm saving all my licorice flavored Necco wafers for you! :)

Marsha - We found out about the toll thing by accident when we threw one in as a joke and the toll gate went up. Thanks for the compliment on my socks!

8:34 PM  
Blogger kbryan said...

I loves those socks. Of course, I love my pink cancer socks more. They were an unbelievable comfort to me last Friday with I had a darn hysterectomy. I never took them off, unless it was to take them off and put them back on. They kept me safe!

If you auction off another pair for one of your cancer causes, please let me know.

Many thanks.

Kay

3:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home