http://www.one.org Dixie Peach: Friday Shuffle - Meeting My Commitments Anyway Edition

Cooler than the other side of the pillow.

Friday, August 22, 2008

Friday Shuffle - Meeting My Commitments Anyway Edition

Sorry to be a drag but this week has not been a good one. I came down with a UTI a few days ago which has done an outstanding job at making me miserable. Trust me, if I'm up, washed and dressed at 7am - if I even am awake enough to acknowledge the existence of 7am - in order to go to the doctor by 7:30am in hopes that she'll fit me in long enough for me to wee in a plastic cup and get a script for antibiotics, I'm miserable. And now the antibiotics is making my digestive system all wonky.

Envy me. You know you want to.

And remind me not get myself tangled up in too many knitting projects all due at the same time. I should know that one on my own but evidently I missed the memo reminding me that I suck at getting things done on time without it being a big production. I did, however, finish the scarf that I had originally wanted complete two days ago if I was to stand a chance of getting a pair of socks done by the end of the month.

Here's the proof:

Photobucket


Yarny-type talk:
Pattern: One Row Handspun Scarf
Yarn: Fearless Fibers Alpaca and Wool DK
Colorway: Tulips
Yarn gifted by: Kara

Expect much weeping and gnashing of teeth as I try to get socks finished by next weekend but finish them I will because not finishing them would mean me breaking a streak I've got going. Plus concentrating on sock knitting will get me out of vacuuming. Again.

Bixente the iPod is committed to you to shuffle each Friday. Hit it.
  1. What's The Frequency, Kenneth? - REM
  2. Village Green Preservation Society - The Kinks
  3. Room At The Top - Adam Ant
  4. Melissa - Allman Brothers Band
  5. Beautiful - Carole King
  6. Smoky Mountain Rain - Ronnie Millsap
  7. Atlantic - Keane
  8. Tennessee Flat Top Box - Rosanne Cash
  9. There She Goes Again - Marshall Crenshaw
  10. Close Call - Rilo Kiley

Labels: ,

8Comments:

Blogger Rositta said...

My sincerest sympathies Dixie, I've had five UTI's this year so I absolutely sympathize. Hope you get better soon...ciao

1:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ugh. Sorry you've been feeling crappy.

On the other hand, the scarf looks FANTASTIC!! Congrats on finishing it! :D

2:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's beautiful!

4:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've had a UTI one time and it might be the most misery I've ever felt. I'm so sorry to hear you are suffering with this, it completely sucks!! I hope you're feeling better.

Thinking of you and missing you like mad.

The scarf is gorgeous. I have no idea how you do that, you are so talented.

4:33 AM  
Blogger Diane Mandy said...

Hope you feel better. That is one beautiful scarf!

7:02 PM  
Blogger Dixie said...

Rositta - Five?! Bless your heart, that must have been awful!

Kara - Thanks. And thanks for the compliment on the scarf. I couldn't have done it without you!

Rachel - Thank you! Glad you like it!

Lil Sugar Fluff - UTIs blow. I believe they're closely related to Suck. Been missing you too. And I'm glad you like the scarf!

Diane - Hi! Nice to see you here! I am definitely feel better, thanks. And thank you for the compliment - glad you like the scarf!

9:06 PM  
Blogger Maria said...

The scarf is gorgeous! I'm sorry you've been feeling lousy... I've had a couple of UTIs and they definitely make you feel ill all over... not sure why that is. Anyhoo, I hope you feel better ASAP!

2:29 PM  
Blogger sari said...

Ooh, I *heart* that scarf!!! Too bad it's 110 outside here every day still, I'd steal it away from you!!

5:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home