http://www.one.org Dixie Peach: Over the Weekend

Cooler than the other side of the pillow.

Monday, August 18, 2008

Over the Weekend

  • I went on four walks in three separate parks.
  • I went to a hot air balloon festival - specifically to one of those balloon glowing things. I imagine there's a proper name for it in English but I only know it as balloon glowing thing.
  • I went to two different cafes and to an ice cream cafe.
  • I watched the Olympics. Lots of the Olympics.
  • I drove to a friend's house to give her some stuff I got for her from the Internet and to have a brief swim and a visit with her.
  • I watched two movies and three episodes of Grey's Anatomy on DVD.
And their common thread? I knitted during all of it. I'm thisclose to being finished with this scarf that I am quickly becoming sick of.

Baby, you haven't lived until you've knit by the glow of a few dozen hot air balloons.

Labels: ,

4Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

While I didn't join the Ravelympics, I've been inspired to attempt to finish a scarf I've had on the needles since January (well, last October if you count previous versions that were frogged). I'm hella impressed that you're still going on your scarf. :)

And the balloon glowing thing is actually called a Balloon Glow. So you were mostly right. :)

10:42 PM  
Blogger Rositta said...

At least you have time to knit,lucky you. My offspring and family where visiting and I spent time teaching DIL some new knitting stitches but that's about it. Getting ready for the trip now doesn't leave me any time to knit, sigh...ciao

1:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I couldn't handle the pressure of actually having to finish a project like that. It would lay there, mocking me, until I threw it away or gave it to Goodwill with the needles still wrapped around the yarn.

3:25 AM  
Blogger Toni Lea Andrews said...

Okay, so I had to look up "Balloon Glow." Cool.

5:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home