http://www.one.org Dixie Peach: Gotta Get It Done - Day One

Cooler than the other side of the pillow.

Monday, August 25, 2008

Gotta Get It Done - Day One

I shouldn't be here. I should be knitting. I have a pair of socks that must be finished by August 31st and I should be working on them.

But I've missed you so much and just had to drop in so you wouldn't feel abandoned. I just had to give y'all a bit of sugar.

While it's a semi self-imposed deadline, it's still one I'd like to meet so I need to put myself under the right sort of pressure to keep at it. I've got seven days to make this happen so how's this for a deal: I will post a picture of the progress of my socks each day until they're completed. Or until it's Sunday and I'm weeping bitterly that I'm just not going to make it. If I'm trying to show off for y'all with amazing "Damn! Look how much she got done!" pictures, maybe I'll actually complete my task.

Here's today's snap:

Photobucket


I knit both socks at the same time, working on one and then another. This pair of socks is roughly 25% complete. Each leg is halfway finished - the one on the left having just a few more rounds completed than the other. Here's what's left to do: finish the legs on both, knit the heel flaps, turn the heels, pick up heel flap stitches and knit the gusset decreases, knit the feet, do the toe decreases, graft the toe closed. Simple, right? I can do all that in the remaining seven days I have to knit, right?

Leave me a comment, if you wish, and make a guess on how far I will have progressed in the next 24 hours. A picture will show who has guessed best!

Labels:

3Comments:

Blogger Tiffany said...

Love the socks!!!! I'm guessing you will be nearly finished in the next 24 hours.

And the scarf from the previous post?! OMG Amazing!!!! I'm jealous ;)

1:13 AM  
Blogger Significant Snail said...

Ummm... I would guess that you'll finish the legs on both plus the knee flaps...

like I would really know!

3:08 AM  
Blogger Maria said...

I haven't the foggiest idea how much you can finish in 24 hours, since my knowlege of knitting is woefully limited. How about halfway through the heel? They're so pretty!

2:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home