http://www.one.org Dixie Peach: Gotta Get It Done - Day Two

Cooler than the other side of the pillow.

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Gotta Get It Done - Day Two

God love y'all. You're very generous in your estimations of my mad knitting skillz and speed. I would love to be down to turning the heels by now but I'm just not that good. But I did make progress even if my elbow is cramped and my eyes are feeling sandy and scratchy from knitting in the dark. It was rather overcast today and I couldn't be bothered to get up to turn on a light. I was taking advantage of every spare minute I could find to knit and I didn't want to waste time with doing something like turning on a lamp.

In an effort to make this even vaguely interesting to you For a little kick I'll show you yesterday's photo and then roll your cursor over it to see a photo of the progress I've made in the last 24 hours.



The difference may be hard to see but the legs on both socks are now complete. I've also done the set up to knit the heel flap and the sock on the left has two rows of the heel flap complete. "So?" you ask. "What does that mean exactly?" I means I've added another 1070 stitches to those socks.

And now I'm going back to it. Maybe by tomorrow they'll start resembling actual socks.

Labels:

3Comments:

Blogger Significant Snail said...

Come on now, you can do it!! Do we need some kind of a cheer?

Two knits,
Four knits,
Six knits
a ....holler???

Well...I don't know any knitting cheers...so how about

You go girl!!

5:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those are GORGEOUS!!

Hey, Dix have you ever worn any socks you've knitted?

1:55 PM  
Blogger Dixie said...

SS - Brilliant cheer! I'm feeling quite inspired from it!

Sugar Fluff - Of all the socks I've ever knit, only three pair have been for me. One is the first pair I ever knit - they're impossibly ugly and full of errors. One is a pair I knit from yarn I don't really care for and they're terribly baggy. The third pair is one I wear on rare occasion. All the other socks I've knit are ones I've given away to friends and family.

9:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home