http://www.one.org Dixie Peach: Best interest at heart

Cooler than the other side of the pillow.

Monday, October 31, 2005

Best interest at heart

Today an acquaintence of my MIL - a lady she met while walking the dog and they became friendly - volunteered to go with my MIL to my new apartment and wash the windows. Didn't want any pay - she simply wanted to help us in any way she could. The windows were filthy and they spent a few hours getting them sparkling clean and then my MIL took the lady out to lunch.

We have a friend that B and my MIL have known for twenty years. He's been to our home and the summer home of my MIL literally dozens of times for parties and for just hanging out. He's an electrician who was layed off this summer and B called him and asked him to please put in a couple extra wall sockets and to hang the ceiling lights. For pay, mind you - when friends and acquaintences do work for us in their area of expertise we always pay them for the amount they ask. Today when he called to arrange to meet up with me so he could see what needed to be done so he can buy the parts he acted as though this were a grand imposition on him - and if it were all he need say was that he didn't have time to do the work for us or wasn't interested - and he whined that it's paid parking at our new building. Okay, add it to the bill. Problem solved.

Let's recap. Acquaintence of my MIL that I have seen literally twice in my life and if she didn't have her little dog with her I may not even recognize her if I passed her on the street volunteered to wash my windows for free. Friend of twenty years whined about paid parking.

Guess who's going to be invited first to afternoon coffee?

6Comments:

Blogger Kirsti said...

And I'd like to hope that karma will bite that guy in the butt. The Louds too for that matter. And may good things continue to come your way. Happy Halloween.

12:16 AM  
Blogger Marshamlow said...

Perhaps the difference between men and women is being illustrated. ha-just kidding.

7:02 AM  
Blogger Tiffany said...

Well you can still invite him to coffee, just throw it out the window at him so he won't have to pay for parking. ;)

8:56 PM  
Blogger Dixie said...

And Tiffany wins the Smart Ass Comment of the Day! Bravo!

9:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, you have a nice one here and there- but between R and W, you have the makings of a Arsehole Convention.

9:45 PM  
Blogger Dixie said...

Whoa! I think we have two winners today!

I love that Mollie has actually seen these people so she knows what they're all about.

10:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home