http://www.one.org Dixie Peach: Friday Shuffle - Meme Edition

Cooler than the other side of the pillow.

Friday, July 14, 2006

Friday Shuffle - Meme Edition

It's a meme. It's a Friday Shuffle. It's two treats in one!

Swiped from Poppy and Kara. They swiped it from DiatribeR. Feel free to swipe from me if you wish.

Rules, rules, rules. Here are the rules. We're very color-within-the-lines 'round these parts.

Step 1: Get your playlist together, put it on random, and play.

Step 2: Write down the first line from the first 10 songs that play or close to it.

Step 3: Post and let everyone you know guess what song the lines come from.

Step 4: Cross out the songs (or similar) when someone guesses correctly.

1. Leavin home, out on the road - "Jet Airliner", Steve Miller Band, guessed by thatfarmgirl

2. I been run down, I been lied to - "Whipping Post", Allman Brothers Band, guessed by Holley

3. There's an angel on the stairs, as if you'd even care - "King of New Orleans, Better Than Ezra, guessed by Kara

4. Don't have to humble yourself to me - "Thing Called Love", Bonnie Raitt, guessed by Robin (and the right one, too!)

5. Down and down she goes - "Miss Amanda Jones", Rolling Stones, guessed by The Duchess Divine

6. I walked across an empty land - "Somewhere Only We Know", Keane, guessed by Kara

7. I don't want to be a bother too much - "Wig-Wam Bam", The Donnas, guessed by Michelle

8. Woman, you don’t know me, but you can bet that I know you - "Family Tree", Loretta Lynn, guessed by Holley

9. Everytime that I look in the mirror - "Dream On", Aerosmith, guessed by Holley

10. Baby, you've been going to crazy - "Sing", Travis, guessed by Kara

Make your guesses and put 'em in the comments.

Hope y'all have a weekend where all your answers are right.

12Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

# 4 is "Thing Called Love" by John Hiatt or Bonnie Raitt. I'm guessing yours is the latter.

1:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

#10 is Sing by Travis.
#6 is Somewhere Only We Know by Keane
#3 is King of New Orleans by Better Than Ezra

1:09 AM  
Blogger Dixie said...

Gold stars all around. Or Cuervo Gold, take your pick.

1:38 AM  
Blogger Kathy said...

I'm so bad at this. The only one I knew was Thing Called Love.

2:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I only knew one and it was already guessed :P

Kim you can most definitely steal "J-Lö" :D

Yeah with the wedding planning and trying to actually find an outfit (!!!) I've not been a very good blog friend as of late.

Hope you're well sweetie!! *hug*

9:03 AM  
Blogger Mimey said...

I'm already in a bit of a blog-backlog, but shall add this to my meme-roll. I like the interactiveness.

And for once, the girl with an answer to everything, is silent. I didn't get a single one.

11:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

#5 Miz Amanda Jones - Rolling Stones

fun game!

5:56 PM  
Blogger Dixie said...

Do I need to give clues?

#1 - From the 70's. Every time I hear it it makes me think of driving around the place in St. Louis where the World's Fair was held...but it doesn't have anything to do with St. Louis or the World's Fair.

#7 - Remake of a cheesy British pop song.

10:01 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

ah yes another meme. I guess we are all into something, me photo hunts you memes. hehe

Thanks for visiting and wishing us a welcome back. :)

3:29 AM  
Blogger thatfarmgirl said...

#1 - Steve Miller - Big Ol' Jet Airliner.

6:50 AM  
Blogger Michelle said...

#7 The Donnas Wig-Wam Bam

5:05 AM  
Blogger The Big Finn said...

Hey...I like this! I'm going to swipe your swiped idea!

8:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home