http://www.one.org Dixie Peach: Friday Shuffle - Mixed Bag Edition

Cooler than the other side of the pillow.

Friday, July 07, 2006

Friday Shuffle - Mixed Bag Edition

An up and down day here.

Up - Got the perfect parking space at the grocery story today and actually left the store without forgetting to buy anything.

Down - I was sweating like a whore in church by the time I got the car loaded up and I remembered that I forgot to buy ground beef.

Up - Mr. Fabulous had a quiz contest last week and I was one of the finalists. After answering the tie breaker question I not only won but my guess was exactly right! The prize? A $50 gift certificate to this mystickal place! Groovala!

Down - My inability to guess what in the hell my husband really meant by a remark he made to me resulted in wasting an hour of the day squabbling over what amounts to be a load of selfish crap. On both sides. I blame the humidity.

Up - I not only knitted the heel flap for the sock (easy!) but I turned it as well (easy when one has good directions!). I was so proud of myself for turning that heel that I wanted to do a dance, 'cept it was 88°F in my livingroom and I didn't need to ratchet up my heat and humidity induced crankiness.

Down - Attaching the heel to the sock? Holy smokes. It's done but I'm fairly certain that I didn't do it like I really should be done and it's pretty wonky looking. But what I'm knitting is beginning to look like an instep so I'll just research some good photos and good directions for this picking up stitches jazz for this sock's mate or I'm going to end up booking flights to see Kirsti and Sue so they can give me personal sock instruction. This all gets better with practice, right?

On with the shuffle:
  1. Come On, Let's Go - Ritchie Valens
  2. Black Water - Doobie Brothers
  3. I Knew The Bride (When She Used To Rock And Roll) - Dave Edmunds
  4. The Kids Are Alright - The Who
  5. Jessica - Allman Brothers Band
  6. I Don't Wanna Play House - Tammy Wynette
  7. Uptight (Everything's Alright) - Stevie Wonder
  8. Here Comes The Rain - The Mavericks
  9. Letter To Memphis - Pixies
  10. She's A Rebel - Green Day
I forgot I had that Pixies tune buried in my songlist. A definite up.

Just a note to my London based readers (and those that love them) - I've been thinking about y'all today and about how worried I was - how worried we all were - about you on this day last year. It's hard to believe a year has passed already but I know the memories of that day are likely sticking with you, especially today. Stay safe. Know you're loved.

Hope y'all have nothing but up this weekend.

4Comments:

Blogger Spinningsue said...

It does get easier and you'll find the second sock's heel easier to do than this one. I completely re-knit my first pair of socks mainly because they were too big but also because of the extra knowledge I'd gained by about my fourth pair.

Hang in there, I'm sure you're doing fine!

11:39 PM  
Blogger Dixie said...

You know these socks do look pretty big but then again my feet tend to resemble Fred Flintstone's so maybe they're just right.

That's the lovely thing about knitting...if the result is horrible you just pull it apart and try again.

I'm having fun though!

12:34 AM  
Blogger Marshamlow said...

Our weather is still pretty cool, we don't have air either so when the heat does come watch out for lots of me complaining. So exciting that you are facing the socks and it is going so well.

2:21 AM  
Blogger Ginnie Hart said...

Ms. Dixie, I must say that in spite of the heat you're having to endure (I can totally sympathize because we were in Hannover in June when it was Verrrrry Hot and Humid, with no a/c), YOU ARE ONE VERY COOL LADY!

4:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home