http://www.one.org Dixie Peach: The New Begins Today

Cooler than the other side of the pillow.

Monday, July 03, 2006

The New Begins Today

There are times when B needs to wake me up during the night. I will admit that sometimes it irks me no end but most of the time I'm so sleepy I barely register what's going on. I take care of whatever he needs, crawl back into bed and am asleep again before I realize I've been upright.

This morning, however, he woke me up at a rather unfortunate time. I had twenty minutes left before the alarm clock rang but he didn't really have any idea what time I had the alarm set for and he needed to use the bathroom pretty bad.

Twenty minutes! Losing twenty minutes of sleep big for me. I don't sleep all that much anyway so twenty minutes is...well I don't know what percentage of my night's sleep it is but it's a chunk. A chunk I didn't want to lose. Being awakened an a hour before the alarm is one thing - I can get back to a dream in that time - but you can't do anything with twenty minutes but stay up and grumble.

I think B felt a little bad about him waking me up twenty minutes early so this afternoon he suggested that I put aside anything I needed to do around the house and get out for a while.

"Go shopping! See if you can find some new tops!"

So I went. I didn't actually need any new summer tops but I won't say that I didn't want some, especially since some of my t-shirts are getting that suitable-to-wear-while-washing-the-car look. The boutique I went to was like summer t-shirt heaven. My favorite styles (I favor V-necks but will take scoop necks if I like the shirt otherwise), good colors, decent prices. I settled on three - white, pale pink and a pale orange - considered buying a linen A-line dress but decided against it when I realized that, due to my stumpy legs, the hem would literally scrape the ground and the side patch pockets hang somewhere around my knees, paid and scooted on out of there.

There was still plenty of time before I needed to get back home. What next to do? Getting some ice cream was the natural answer but I wasn't particularly hungry and I need to take advantage of not being hungry as much as I can. I walked away from the mall up the street towards my apartment and nothing was catching my interest. I strolled along slowly, even sitting on a bench for a moment to keep from getting in the way of the others on the street who were walking with an actual purpose in mind and thought that what I really needed to do was something different. I needed to do something I've wanted to do and have been putting off. I needed a new challenge...and I knew right where to start.

So I made one more stop before I finished my walk back home. I arrived, showed B my new summer tops (just to assuage any guilt he may have still been harboring for waking me up early) and began my new challenge.

And with some luck and a little patience on my part, I'll tell you about it tomorrow. Maybe even have a picture.

4Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

OOOooohh KIM!! You have me wondering like crazy :P

glad you were able to get stuff for yourself *hug*

8:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You tease!!

10:27 AM  
Blogger christina said...

Yay for new challenges! Can't wait to find out.

10:40 AM  
Blogger Dixie said...

I'll tell y'all about it tomorrow. I'm too heartbroken today.

12:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home