http://www.one.org Dixie Peach: Ground Floor of a Meme

Cooler than the other side of the pillow.

Monday, July 10, 2006

Ground Floor of a Meme

Yeah, yeah, yeah...meme's are cheap and sleazy but so is the author of this particular meme, Mr. Fabulous. Actually he's a very sweet guy (back me up on this, Ginnie!) but don't let that get around too much, okay? The guy's got a rep to keep up.

Anyway, it's either this meme or y'all read about me starting the mate to the sock I finished yesterday. See? This meme's looking better all the time, isn't it? Plus how can I resist a meme that came straight from the original author? It's like getting a signed first edition.

That was a stretch, wasn't it?

Grab something to drink...it's a long one.

Meme-ology Meme

GRUB-OLOGY

What is your salad dressing of choice?
Ranch. I feel like I should say it's some raspberry vinegarette or something but I'm not that uptown.

What is your favorite fast food restaurant?
Sonic. It's the first place I hit when I get back to my hometown.

What is your favorite sit down restaurant?
There's a catfish place near my hometown called Pat's that I love. In Germany I like a restaurant called Bötelstube.

On average, what size tip do you leave at a restaurant?
Tipping is done differently in Germany than in the US so on average I leave about 10-15%. In the US I leave 20%.

What food could you eat every day for two weeks and not get sick of it?
Yogurt. I eat it every day anyway.

Name three foods you detest above all others.
Liver. Hominy. Collard greens.

What is your favorite dish to order in a Chinese restaurant?
Chicken lo-mein.

What are your pizza toppings of choice?
Extra cheese and pepperoni. Mr. Fab and I can fight over share a pizza.

What do you like to put on your toast?
I seldom eat toast but butter would be the first choice.

What is your favorite type of gum?
I don't chew gum but I can damn well eat up a pack of Tic-Tacs before you know it.

TECH-OLOGY

Number of contacts in your cell phone?

I dunno. Three? The only time I ever use a cell phone is to call home.

Number of contacts in your email address book?
Twenty? I'm pretty bad at even checking my email, nevermind maintaining an address book.

What is the wallpaper on your computer?
I just reloaded Windows so right now it's that Windows meadow thingy.

What is your screensaver on your computer/
I never use a screensaver.

Are there naked pictures saved on your computer?
Nope. Does that disappoint or relieve you?

How many landline phones do you have in your home?
Two.

How many televisions are in your home?
One.

What kitchen appliance do you use the least?
Mixer.

What is the format of the radio station you listen to most?
I seldom listen to the radio.

How many sex toys do you own that require batteries?
Is "require" a key word here?

BI-OLOGY

What do you consider to be your best physical attribute?

My eyes.

Are you right handed or left handed?
Much to the chagrin of my left handed sister whom I sat on the left side of at the dinner table when we were growing up, I am right handed.

Have you had anything removed from your body?
My adenoids, my wisdom teeth and my ovaries. In that order.

Would you like to?
I've done my turn, thanks.

Do you prefer to read when you go to the bathroom?
I read in the bathroom regardless of the reason I'm there. I'm the master at scrubbing tile and holding a book at the same time.

Which of your five senses do you think is keenest?
Smell.

When was the last time you had a cavity?
I had a root canal about 15 years ago. Isn't that like when cavities break bad?

What is the heaviest item you lift regularly?
My husband. One hundred sixty pounds of passive weight.

Have you ever been knocked unconscious?
Yes. In college I was train surfing and when I jumped off the train I rolled down a hill and knocked myself out. This is what passes for entertainment in certain parts of Arkansas.

MISC-OLOGY

If it were possible, would you like to know the day you're going to die?

Yes, because if it were before my husband then maybe I could arrange for someone to care for him after I'm gone.

If you could change your first name, what would you change it to?
I could change my first name if I wanted to I suppose but then there's all that damn paperwork and then letters to write and phone calls and...forget it.

How do you express your artistic side?
By leaning a little bit forward when wearing a V-neck top. Or my knitting and writing.

What color do you think you look best in?
Blue.

How long do you think you could last in a medium security prison?
Do I get to take my knitting needles with me?

Have you ever swallowed a non-food item by mistake?
Mistake. Non-food. Is mistake a critical part of this question?

If we weren’t bound by society’s conventions, do you have a relative you would make a pass at?
Not a one.

How often do you go to church?
Two or three times a month.

Have you ever saved someone’s life?
I've stopped someone's bleeding after an auto accident but saving their life may be a bit of a stretch.

Has someone ever saved yours?
I can't say I've ever been that close to death.

DARE-OLOGY

For this last section, if you would do it for less or more money, indicate how much.

Would you walk naked for a half mile down a public street for $100,000?

I'd do it for half that amount.

Would you kiss a member of the same sex for $100?
If their breath wasn't stinky.

Would you have sex with a member of the same sex for $10,000?
No - mostly because I wouldn't have sex with anyone that wasn't my husband

Would you allow one of your little fingers to be cut off for $200,000?
Doubtful but it would make those fingerless gloves I'm thinking of knitting a lot more necessary.

Would you never blog again for $50,000?
The greedy part of me says "Yes!". The big ego part of me says "No!".

Would you pose naked in a magazine for $250,000?
Not interested in that for any amount of money.

Would you drink an entire bottle of hot sauce for $1000?
Can I just pour an entire bottle on a big plate of nachos and just eat it all?

Would you, without fear of punishment, take a human life for $1,000,000?
If it were for just money alone I would say I'd never do it. Were it to save someone I love I'd likely do it for free.

Would you shave your head and get your entire body waxed for $5,000?
You had me until you mentioned full body waxing.

Would you give up watching television for a year for $25,000?
Easily. I once went eighteen months without watching TV.

There. Done. Mr. Fab didn't do so badly for his first time, did he? It's a big meme but then again he's a big guy.

Feel free to steal at will.

3Comments:

Blogger Maria said...

And you thought you couldn't find a bunch of new things to tell us about yourself... It turns out that the Peach is endlessly fascinating. Or maybe it's just the way you tell it!

3:56 PM  
Blogger Kathy said...

When I do this, and I will, many of our answers are likely to be the same.

4:56 PM  
Blogger Miss Kim said...

That's one of the best meme's I've seen and your answers are amazing (and clever as always). I think I might give it a go tomorrow!

10:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home