http://www.one.org Dixie Peach: By Zeus!

Cooler than the other side of the pillow.

Tuesday, October 10, 2006

By Zeus!

I found this today and suddenly remembered my brother, Joe, running through the house with a baby blanket tied around him and him suddenly pulling my mother's high school class ring out of his underpants, jamming it on his finger and hollering "Olympiaaaaaaaa!!".

Scroll down the linked page and watch a whole Hercules cartoon, especially the theme song sung by Johnny "I Can See Clearly Now" Nash. Why is it I can't remember shit from college but I can still sing this song without missing a word?

Hercules and the annoying but faithful Newt. Clutch Cargo with the creepy human lips. Warner Brothers cartoons from the 40s and 50s that were at times amazingly adult in content. The very cult Mighty Mouse (the Krakatoa Katie episode being my personal favorite). The Flintstones, especially the episodes where a Hollywood star like Ann-Margrock would show up. Schoolhouse Rock that taught all of us who were in grade school in the early 70s how to multiply and what the different parts of speech are. The trippy H.R. Pufnstuf and the Bugaloos and Land of the Lost.

It would take virtually no effort at all to get me to watch that stuff all over again.

8Comments:

Blogger Miz said...

Conjunction Junction, what's your function?
Hooking up words and phrases and clauses....


It is burned in my memory.

Did you do Nancy Drew? I loved those books.

12:23 AM  
Blogger Mahala said...

No one else in this town has A CLUE who I'm talking about when I mention H.R. Puffinstuff. NO ONE. There was only one channel here before Dirctv dishes became the state tree a few years ago.

4:44 AM  
Blogger Hilda said...

Ooooh - I remember HR Pufinstuf! I watched it every Saturday!

"HR Pufinstuf...who's your friends when things get rough? HR Pufinstuf, you can't do a little, but you can do enough!"

7:12 AM  
Blogger christina said...

Oh my god(s),the Mighty Hercules! Yes! Thank you so much for posting this. I watched ALL the shows you mentioned and adored them.


"Here I come to save the day!" Whooo! This is bringing back some great memories.

1:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"We got the torch back, Herc! We got the torch back!"

9:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh. Sorry. "Anonymouse" was me! :o

9:17 PM  
Blogger Tiffany said...

"Here I come to save the day!"
That means that Mighty Mouse is on the way!


I love Mighty Mouse

10:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would add "Underdog". But, whenever I have a minor triumph in life and my wife says something encouraging, I fix her with a steely stare and intone "only the evil fear me" and we both laugh.

4:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home