http://www.one.org Dixie Peach: Return Engagement

Cooler than the other side of the pillow.

Thursday, September 28, 2006

Return Engagement

I haven't done any Haiku Thursday in a while and I'm feelin' in the mood. You know how that goes. When you're feelin' it, you gotta go with it. Can't say no to the Muse.

Gryffindor sock yarn
Hand painted by Belinda
Just incredible.

Don't need any more
and yet I buy - can't resist
I'm worthless and weak.

Silk. Cashmerino.
Soft, dense with dazzling colors
Wildly sensual.

Four skeins this morning
And four more this afternoon
Need intervention.

Enough of all this
My addiction knows no end
I'm hopeless, that's all.

No more about yarn
Temptation wound in a ball
Focus mind elsewhere.

Don't cringe, could be worse
My haiku could be different
All about nachos.


Y'all are going to drive away my muse, aren't you?

4Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, my name is Kara and I'm a yarn addict.

My current addiction? Noro Kureyon and Silk Garden. I LOVE the colors. Kureyon is a bit scratchy at first, but does soften as you work with it (and I hear softens more when you wash it). Gorgeous.

I need more knitting ideas, really. :)

11:32 PM  
Blogger sari said...

This is worth all the
haiku-less Thursdays, I am
very happy, yes.

O, elusive Muse
you have returned in a cloud
of hand-tinted glee.

1:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL ahhh the yarn addiction haiku! now *that* is brilliant.

so I'm sitting here procrastinating instead of getting ready to get married. I picked up my newest project and am knitting.

I'm contemplating bringing my knitting with me to the Rathaus. Just in case we have to wait. You know?

I casted on a scarf in Rowan kidsilk haze in white just so that the project I would be doing wouldn't clash with my outfit.

According to the expert (*cough* Christian *cough*) I'm insane :D :D

Happy days ahead for us LOLOL

I'm so glad you liked the yarn Kim. That makes me so happy!!!! Can't wait to see how it looks. I'm horrible at math so I hope I got the dyeing measurements correct LOL :P

8:38 AM  
Blogger christina said...

Perfect. When we get a dog we're going to call him Cashmerino.

6:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home