http://www.one.org Dixie Peach: Adorned

Cooler than the other side of the pillow.

Thursday, February 28, 2008

Adorned

Last week I bought new mascara. I haven't been pleased with how any one mascara has performed so I've been searching for the right combination of mascaras that will not only give volume but will add length to the thin, sparse stubs I laughingly call my eyelashes and what will also stay in place and not make me look, twenty minutes after applying it, like I've gone three rounds with Wladimir Klitschko. Now I'm using one mascara with one of those skinny rubbery brushes to add length and one with a thick brushy brush for volume. I still have skimpy looking lashes but at least they look like they exist.

Today I bought a silk scarf. One of those long, wide numbers with a knotted fringe. A rosy pink scarf for spring that's done in a jacquard weave. It's lovely - smooth and light as a breathy whisper. It's so cute and so soft that I want to sleep with it wrapped around me.

Tomorrow? I'm really jonesing for new lipstick. And eyeshadow. I haven't bought new eyeshadow in ages because I won't take the time to hunt down something really gorgeous and irresistible. And I want some lipstick that's smooth and glossy and a color that makes me feel absolutely glamorous. Tomorrow I believe I shall go in search of some.

And come Saturday, if I haven't already done it, I may go in search of some nice hair ornaments. Clips and barrettes that are cute without being girlish and ornamental without being tacky. Something sophisticated.

I aim to find all these things that will help me feel like I'm coming alive again for spring. But the bad part? None of it will likely be worn to any place more stylish and glamorous than my local grocery store because these days that's the most stylish and glamorous place I ever go.

Not that great makeup and accessories could ever be wasted.

Labels:

2Comments:

Blogger Marshamlow said...

You are such an inspiration. I have to tell you I haven't worn much makeup at all in the last four or five years. I have been of late trying to force myself to put on my face before leaving the house. A small step in the right direction. Next might come exercise and eating right, but we can't rush these things. I hope spring shows up for you soon.

2:13 PM  
Blogger BadKat said...

Dixie,
I have found that the best mascara combo is to first apply Urban Decay Fatty lashes. Then use Cover Girl Lash blast in waterproof (make sure it is black). Then, if you can get it, use benefit She-Lac. That will make it stay forever. But you would be ok with the first two!!! I hope this helps, i have extra-pale, blond lashes and this works very well. Also worked well for a friend that cries her mascara off all of the time!!!

4:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home