http://www.one.org Dixie Peach: Friday Shuffle - The Hurrider I Go The Behinder I Get Edition

Cooler than the other side of the pillow.

Friday, March 28, 2008

Friday Shuffle - The Hurrider I Go The Behinder I Get Edition

Do you remember when you were a child and it seemed like forever before it would be Christmas or your birthday or summer vacation would start? I remember even a single day seeming to go on and on if something special were happening that evening. Now the days go by and it's almost as if I'm going through life in fast-forward.

My sister called me this afternoon nearly in a panic because I hadn't called her since we had our respective birthdays in January. Yikes! We'd sent some quick emails here and there but otherwise we'd been out of touch for over two months. It was never on purpose. We have a seven hour time difference between us and it contributes to the problem but mostly the days simply get away from us.

I can get up every morning with the best of intentions to accomplish this or that task before the end of the day and invariably something will be missed. Either the kitchen floor won't get mopped or I won't have a chance to get to the bank to get some cash or the backed up email won't get answered. The blogs I subscribe to won't get read or commented on and my mountain of laundry seemingly doubles overnight.

All this is to say that if I owe you an email or I haven't been around your blog lately to contribute a comment or if I've said I'll call you and I haven't, it's not an intentional snub. Not that it's an excuse but at least you can take comfort in the fact that I'm pretty much snubbing everyone. At least I'm not paying more attention to my laundry than I am to you. And have faith that I'll get caught up.

Let's shuffle.
  1. Old Enough - The Raconteurs
  2. Sherry Darling - Bruce Springsteen
  3. Silver Lining - Rilo Kiley
  4. Baby's In Black - The Beatles
  5. Dead Sound - The Raveonettes
  6. Down In Mary's Land - Mary Chapin Carpenter
  7. Cadence To Arms - Dropkick Murphys
  8. I've Got a Crush on You - Linda Ronstadt
  9. Give Me Novacaine - Green Day
  10. Rock Lobster - The B-52's

Labels:

6Comments:

Blogger sari said...

Rock Lobster is always a good way to end a Friday shuffle!

Have a great weekend, whatever you're not doing!

;-)

2:11 AM  
Blogger Marshamlow said...

Me too!

3:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, be a doll and sing that Linda Ronstadt song to B for me, wouldja? Kiss Kiss MWAH!

(And make sure you tell him it's from me and not that Godzilla lover!)

3:29 AM  
Blogger TitanKT said...

Oh I so painfully and truly know exactly what you're talking about. I've been experiencing this for some while now, I was convinced it was all due to having a kid, but this is good... at least I know it happens to everyone.

Some days I get so much done I think, "Gee, if I was only half as productive on a more consistent basis, I'd never feel behind or overwhelmed." Isn't there some perfect and cliched little saying about the best of intentions? I mean, it simply NEVER works out that way right?

One thing I can comfort myself with is that I read an article on MSN the other day about sure signs of impending financial disaster and I can proudly say I have NONE of those signs in my life right now. Hallelujah. One less thing to worry and gnaw over.

And if you think congratulations to me, I'll take it but don't think for a minute that just because I'm not suffering from impending financial doom that everything is great. It's not. Bummer, huh? I used to think that was the key to everything. If I could just get to a point where I didn't have financial disaster looming all would be rosy. Foolishness. It helps... helps a tremendous amount.

But you know what, sometimes getting rid of things to worry about or gnaw over just means more time to worry or gnaw over other stuff. It also puts things into perspective, I guess. Meaning, time to jettison that crap and just enjoy because no matter what it seems there's always something and life simply isn't ever going to be perfect. Better to just focus on the good and enjoy. Which I do. And also why I enjoy your blog so much. Because you do, too, in a most relatable and enjoyable way.

11:26 PM  
Blogger Dixie said...

Thanks, Katy. I'm glad you can relate. And I appreciate the compliment more than you know.

9:15 PM  
Blogger Maria said...

I don't have the resposibilities you have, and I STILL can't seem to get caught up. Someone is always pissed at me for not being in better contact. The pile of hand-washing never seems to get any smaller. I feel like I just swiffered and yet my socks have cat hair clinging to them... If I'm not doing all those things, why am I so freaking tired?

2:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home