http://www.one.org Dixie Peach: Victory Will Be Its Own Reward

Cooler than the other side of the pillow.

Sunday, March 09, 2008

Victory Will Be Its Own Reward

Becky has enticed me into a meme. Like book memes, movie memes are virtually irresistible to me - plus this one has the added fun of reader participation! Jump up and holler "Yeah!".

A few guidelines. We don't want you going crazy and driving off a cliff or anything.
  1. Pick 10 of your favorite movies.
  2. Go to IMDB and find a quote from each movie.
  3. Post them on your blog for everyone to guess in the comments.
  4. Strike it out when someone guesses correctly, and put who guessed it and the movie.
  5. GUESSERS: NO Googling/using IMDB search functions. If you cheat I will find out and I'll send over my mother to give you a lecture on cheating and fair play. I promise you that if that happens, you'll be sorry. Her lectures can make your ears bleed and cause your hair to fall out.
Get out your popcorn - we're going to the movies.
  1. After all we're not murderers in spite of what this undertaker thinks.

  2. I'd be the worst possible godfather. I'd probably drop her on her head at her christening. I'd forget all her birthdays until she was 18. Then I'd take her out and get her drunk. And, let's face it, quite possibly try and shag her. - About a Boy (2002) - dkaz, you got it!

  3. We ate pancreas! - Ferris Bueller's Day Off (1986) - Kristina, well done!

  4. Who do you have to screw around here to get a cup of tea and a chocolate biscuit? - Love Actually (2003). Bravo, Mollie!

  5. Nobody ever invented a polite word for a killin' yet.

  6. Dammit, are you boys gonna chase down your leads or are you gonna sit drinkin' coffee in the one house in the state where I know my boy ain't at? - Raising Arizona (1987) - Correct again, dkaz!

  7. As long as she ate the mouse, she can't see nor hear. Now sing.

  8. We've got armadillos in our trousers. It's really quite frightening. - This Is Spinal Tap (1984). Excellent, Becky!

  9. And then I started foolin' around... and then I started screwin' around, which is foolin' around without dinner. - Chicago (2002). Jaxie! Fantastic!

  10. You're a fat loser and you have body odor. - School of Rock (2003). Rock on, Hilda!

Labels:

17Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

#8: # We've got armadillos in our trousers. It's really quite frightening.

Spinal Tap! Spinal Tap! Now I *know* you're cool, DP. Best filmic experience ever.

12:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

#4!! LOVE ACTUALLY!! Hugh Grant as the new PM!!!

That is the only one I knew off the cuff!

-Mollie

12:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

#2 is Hugh Grant- I just refuse to look it up!

Mollie

1:31 AM  
Blogger Dixie said...

Uhh...hello! Did I tell you to guess the actor? No. I told you to guess the movie. Now you play right, missy, or you're gonna stand with your nose in the corner!

I post guidelines and Mollie careens her car off the cliff anyway!

1:52 AM  
Blogger Kristina said...

#3 is Ferris Bueller's Day Off :)

2:34 AM  
Blogger dkaz said...

#2 - Hugh Grant, yes - in "About a Boy"
#6 - Nathan Arizon in "Raising Arizona" - one of my all time favorites, and one of my favorite lines, after: "He was wearing jammies. What did they look like? I don't know, they had Yodas and sh*t on them!"

7:17 PM  
Blogger Dixie said...

The jammie quote is one of my favorites too! I almost picked that one. Raising Arizona is a very quotable film. I think all Coen Brothers films are.

9:48 PM  
Blogger sari said...

#10 Sounds like something from "Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgandy" but I can't actually decide if that would be one of your favorite movies or not.

It's one of mine, but then again, I'm sort of weird that way.

10:30 PM  
Blogger Dixie said...

Sari, I can see how you'd think it was from Anchorman - I think that movies is hilarios - but it's from another film. But it's a comedy. And it's got someone in it that could be considered fat with body odor!

10:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was hoping to get partial credit!!!

I was hoping that Joe Dirt quote was posted. I about pee in my pants. That is pure comedy- that guy he speaks to does that bit in The Waterboy as well.

Mollie

10:47 PM  
Blogger Hilda said...

"10 - You're a fat loser and you have body odor."

Is it "School of Rock"?

12:14 AM  
Blogger Dixie said...

Mollie, I will say that I did consider quoting from Joe Dirt as it's one of my favorite guilty pleasures movies. So stupid and yet I laugh at it every time.

12:37 AM  
Blogger sari said...

DANG IT, I have School of Rock, I should've known that!!

We always laugh at Tommy Boy around here.

7:44 PM  
Blogger Jaxie Fantastic said...

Dixie! #9 is Chicago isn't it???

2:30 AM  
Blogger UmmFarouq said...

Is #5 from Fargo? Perchance?

7:24 AM  
Blogger UmmFarouq said...

Ok I checked myself and I know I am incorrect. That one was tough, and although one of my favorite films, (I will not spoil this for those of you still playing), it is not one whose dialogue is fresh in my memory bank.

Thanks for having me on the show.

7:30 AM  
Blogger Dixie said...

My compliments to everyone who has ventured guesses in our little game. Well done all around!

UmmFarouq - I nearly picked Fargo as one of my movies in the game. My favorite line in the film? When the prostitute and Steve Buscemi are going at it and she says (in her Minnesota accent) "Coooome on. Time to hear bells!".

I can't believe no one has gotten #7 yet. That one seems obvious to me.

9:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home