http://www.one.org Dixie Peach: Puzzled

Cooler than the other side of the pillow.

Thursday, March 20, 2008

Puzzled

Perhaps one of y'all can tell me why this is so. I will spend hours sorting through my iTunes folders and rearrange songs within them and fuss over which songs will be in which folder and even stress over what I will call certain folders. And my knitting stuff? I will go through my stash (and I'll admit that while it's not nearly to the proportions of some stashes I've seen, it's certainly ample for my needs) and I will sort by brand and yarn type and color and I'll diddle over my needles and have them all sorted by type and material and size. I will do these things without a second thought and yet my pantry is such a mess that I end up buying macaroni when I already have three other bags of it and I think I have a canister full of rice when actually it contains only three grains. And my clean socks and panties are generally sorted and stored by tossing them into whatever drawer can accommodate them.

I think whatever it is that makes me obsess over organizing one thing and be completely can't-be-arsed over the organization of another is somehow related to the reason why I can quote the lyrics to every Beatles song but I can't for the life of me ever remember at the same time all three of Kepler's laws of planetary motion. And I paid someone to teach me that.

Labels:

3Comments:

Blogger Maria said...

You're human, sweetie pie. Endearingly human.

1:25 PM  
Blogger TitanKT said...

Yeah, I was gonna say... I think that is extraordinarily normal. I have the same sort of issues. My desk at work is arranged with such precision I can tell if someone has knocked my paperclip holder out of alignment by 100ths of microns. But my desk at home is a pile of unopened junk mail, pictures my kid has drawn for me, ponytail holders, scribbled notes, receipts, bills to pay, etc.

I can remember insanely and embarassingly minute details of movies I've seen only one time and years ago but can't remember someone's name I met just yesterday. The brain is weird.

10:08 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Every girl has here priorities. I also don't sort the socks, however, I go psycho if some moves the books on my bookshelf.

4:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home