http://www.one.org Dixie Peach: And It'll Only Get Worse

Cooler than the other side of the pillow.

Thursday, June 19, 2008

And It'll Only Get Worse

I'd driven to my appointment with my hair stylist and on the way home I thought I'd top off the gas tank since the news talks every day about how the prices will only go higher now that summer vacations are starting. My tank was still over half full so it only took just under 17 liters to fill it. And those 17 liters cost me 25.50€.

I spent about $39.50 to buy just over 4 gallons of gasoline.

Every time I think about it I start to laugh in a maniacal-on-the-way-to-hysterical manner. I'm pretty sure my eyes are spinning in my head at the same time.

Labels:

8Comments:

Blogger The Big Finn said...

I guess I'm fortunate that I only have to go into my shower for an appointment with my hair stylist.

12:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Geeeez, it's way worse over there than it is here then!

2:00 AM  
Blogger Rositta said...

Stylist, who can afford that any more with all that darn wool I'm buying, lol...seriously though it cost me 80 bucks to fill my tank which I know is lots cheaper than Germany, hurts just the same.I may have to reconsider my roadtrip from Wiesbaden to Dresden...ciao

2:22 AM  
Blogger Molly said...

Oh Gott! That's terrible. Something's got to give.

5:46 PM  
Blogger The DP said...

My DH keeps it real, he cuts hair. In fact, he cut my hair last weekend. That either means he is metrosexual or grew up in the hood. In his case it is both. Saves me a lot of money because he does the cutting and I only go to the stylist once or twice a year to touch up my highlights and tidy up the "shape."
Gas prices are ridiculous. I saw it for 2.30 CHF a liter, which I guess I shouldn't say to you because that is only 1.50 euro. Even in Gulfport my Dad told me it was 4 dollars and something a gallon. Craziness.

8:48 PM  
Blogger Dixie said...

I wish I could say I was getting a haircut but I only get my hair trimmed every six month, with the exception of my bangs which are trimmed more frequently. In reality I was getting my hair colored - I have to get the roots done every six weeks.

There. I admit it. I have an enormous amount of gray hair.

9:57 PM  
Blogger The DP said...

::whispers:: you are not alone dixie. That's the only reason I go to a stylist. My husband does the cutting good enough by himself. But all my household attempts at coloring miserably failed. My grandma, on the other hand, was a master at touching up her roots with clorox bleach. Yet another skill I did not get from the gene pool.

3:38 PM  
Blogger Marshamlow said...

I am glad you do not have to drive all that much with those prices. You are not the only one who has to cover the gray.

5:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home