http://www.one.org Dixie Peach: Gotta Get It Done - Day Three

Cooler than the other side of the pillow.

Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Gotta Get It Done - Day Three

We've reached the 50% complete mark on the pair of socks I'm knitting this week. I don't measure the halfway point in terms of length or stitches knit. Half finished to me is when progress on both socks has stopped being vertical and has begun to go horizontal.

Here's how they looked late yesterday afternoon. Roll your cursor over the photo to see how they looked this afternoon, 24 hours later.



They look close to being at the same point but the sock on the left has already had the heel flap stitches picked up and it's ready to have the gusset decreases knit. On the sock on the right you can see the heel flap as it's knit - the heel flap being the part that covers the back of your leg from the ankle to the bottom of your foot. And if you look closely you can also see the heel turn - the point at which we switch from the leg to the foot. From now on it's strictly footwork with these socks.

I would have liked to have knit more on it today but I stayed awake too long last night watching the Democratic convention and this afternoon my progress was somewhat curtailed by my falling asleep while knitting. When I'm at the point where my eyes close and I begin to drift off while in the middle of a stitch I know it means I'd best put down my knitting or else I'll foul it up to the point where I have to tear it apart and start over. While that would make the efforts to get this pair of socks finished by the end of the month more of a challenge, I don't believe the world is ready for the string of expletives that would burst forth from my mouth should I have to rip back one of these socks in order to fix it or even start it over again.

Tomorrow I have an appointment with my hairdresser. Prime knitting in public time.

Labels:

5Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What are you getting done with your hair?

12:58 AM  
Blogger Dixie said...

Just getting my color done and about an inch trimmed off the ends. My hair is about as long as Stormy's was last fall after she trimmed it. :)

4:22 PM  
Blogger Rositta said...

Those socks are coming along nicely. I so need a haircut but my hairdresser is on holiday. I'm not sure I'll trust anyone in Greece to cut it so I'm in big trouble. Maybe I can find someone in Germany, maybe...ciao

4:45 PM  
Blogger sari said...

I love the "roll over the picture" effect! Very cool.

5:00 AM  
Blogger Dixie said...

Rositta - I went though four other hairdressers before I found the one I have in Germany. You're rolling the hairdressing dice in this country.

Sari - Peps it up, doesn't it? :)

11:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home