http://www.one.org Dixie Peach: Worn to a nub

Cooler than the other side of the pillow.

Thursday, April 21, 2005

Worn to a nub

I'm exhausted today. Stayed up too late last night and had to get up early this morning to get to a gynocologist appointment. My gyn can't be happy unless she's poking and prodding me twice a year.

Was at the appointment for forty-nine forevers but I did get a chance to read in peace. Afterwards I had a splitting headache (don't ask me how you can get a probing one place and get a pain in another) , was about 80% crabby-ass and in my sleepy, bitchy state I bought some key lime cheesecake style yogurt. Ten percent fat, gobs o' sugar. Is this on my sensible diet? No. Is it good for my diabetes? No. Would my doctor (not today's prober but my other one) approve? Absolutely not.

Did I give a shit? Not even a bit.

And damn, that yogurt was some yummy ass stuff! Shaved my crabby-ass percentage down to 40%.

After I got home, took care of B and fed him lunch I had a few minutes to slap on some make up and get ready to go out and pick flooring for my kitchen remodeling job. The friend of ours who is going to lay the floor was taking me to pick it as I don't know shit from Shinola about what's good and what's not. That's his job. He picks what's suitable, I pick the color and whip out the debit card and pick which day I want it delivered.

I've settled on a vinyl floor. Not classy maybe but it's most suitable for us. It's going to be for the kitchen and central hallway and it's got to be something that B's wheelchair won't mess up. While I'd love laminate flooring, that heavy-ass wheelchair would eventually break it apart and I'm not spending the money to put tile flooring in an apartment I rent. So I got some heavy duty, very good quality vinyl floor that mimics laminate flooring. It'll get delivered next week and I'll have it put down once I have a delivery date for the new kitchen and I have the old kitchen removed.

After I got home and told B all about the new floor and showed him the sample piece the sales guy gave me I layed down on the sofa and passed out. It was like someone unplugged me. Slept so hard I didn't hear a thing and when I woke up I was so confused I could hardly figure out where I was. It reminded me of when I was a kid. On rare occasion I'd come home from school exhausted and fall asleep. In the meantime the short winter day would end and I'd wake up in total darkness, completely confused, not knowing where I was or if it was night or the next morning or what.

Still I was able to get myself together after waking up to shove a frozen pizza in the oven.

Frozen pizza? Is that on my sensible diet? Is that good for my diabetes? Would my doctor approve?

Oh shut up. I still don't give a shit.

3Comments:

Blogger Beege said...

I wish I liked yogurt. I don't. I never have. And I've finally given myself permission to not like yogurt. :) "My name is Beege, I hate yogurt, and I'm OK with that."

6:59 PM  
Blogger Dixie said...

That's like me and cottage cheese. I've tried to like it. And it actually looks all creamy and tasty but I just can't abide eating it.

9:05 PM  
Blogger BranV said...

Yep, I get the frozen pizza. There are days that I can actually say that I specifically have a craving for the frozen variety over the real stuff. (Same thing with mac n' cheese...I consider the real thing vs. the fake thing as simply two diff. food groups). However, I eat yogurt when I'm TRYING to be healthy...I think it's just completely jacked up that now yogurt is considered a damned if you do, damned if you don't food.

Love those kind of naps. Ever have one of those where you sort of vaguely wake up thinking you've heard a suspicious noise. But you're so tired, you think "screw it, I'll take my chances" as you drift off again?

1:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home