http://www.one.org Dixie Peach: Did they have wheelchairs in the 16th century?

Cooler than the other side of the pillow.

Tuesday, April 19, 2005

Did they have wheelchairs in the 16th century?

Aside from the freak eye, today has been pretty good. I was able to get tickets to a Blackmore'sNight show.

For the uninitiated, Blackmore's Night is a group headed by Ritchie Blackmore, formally of Deep Purple, and his wife is the vocalist. He now does a fusion of rock and renaissance music that I fell in love with about four years ago. B is a big fan as well and he always swore that if they came to do a show within 50 kilometers of Magdeburg he'd be there.

And as luck would have it, for the first time they'll be in Magdeburg on July 24th - a perfect time for B to be at an outdoor show as it's fairly certain the weather will be something he can be out in.

But since I look like a freak today and was afraid that someone would point to me on the streetcar and shout "Unclean! Unclean!" we sent my MIL to get the tickets. She took B's handicap certification card - a sort of national ID card that show the level of his handicap - in case she needed it because she wanted to ask about handicap seating. The ticket agent told her that since he's handicapped they'd seat him in an appropriate area - it's an open air concert in a park that's used for all sorts of medieval and renaissance festivals and games - (and believe me B's praying in earnest that they seat him right under the gaze of the lovely vocalist, Candace Night) but there was further good news. Since his ID card indicates that his handicap is such that he must have an assistant with him, I, as his assistant, get in for free.

Sweet! I always dig free!

Now B's after me to write Blackmore's Night a fan letter saying how much we love their music, blah, blah, blah and how his dream will be coming true that he'll see Blackmore's Night in concert in Magdeburg. In other words he's hoping they'll read it as "Look for a guy in a big blue electric wheelchair and if you'd let my wife take a picture of us together I'd be one very happy crippled man.". Of course should I do this I have to make us sound normal and not like some sort of wheelchair bound stalkers.

That wacky man o' mine. Doesn't ever play the "cripple card" except when it means he can maybe meet a hot blonde woman. Oh and if her guitar playing husband wants to get in the photo that would be okay too.

0Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home