http://www.one.org Dixie Peach: I'm such a beauty today

Cooler than the other side of the pillow.

Tuesday, April 19, 2005

I'm such a beauty today

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Attractive, no?

I have not the faintest idea what happened to my eye. Something woke me up around 7am - perhaps it was the irritation in my eye, perhaps it was the irritating noise coming from the noisy family above my apartment - but at any rate my eye hurt. Actually it felt like my eyeball hurt. It felt scratchy - not like something in my eye but more like something had scratched my eye. I have had my hay fever kick up lately but it was only my right eye that was giving me problems. It was quite red and watery and it hurt when I blinked. So after taking a look at it I decided there was nothing to do about it except try to go back to sleep and after trying to relax my eye I did fall back asleep.

I woke up around 9am and that's when I got a shock. My eyelid was swollen like you see in the picture - moreso really - and was quite red and weepy. However it had stopped hurting. I didn't even realize my eye had swollen to gigundo proportions until I looked in the mirror. Hmmm...maybe it should have struck me that my eye could hardly open but I suppose I just figured it was me being sleepy-eyed.

What in the hell is going on here? All day my eyelid has been swollen but it's lessened somewhat and it's barely red now. Doesn't hurt. Doesn't itch. It's still slightly weepy but even that's cut down quite a bit.

Best I can figure is somehow while I was sleeping I scrubbed my face down in the pillow and somehow flipped up my eyelid and irritated it.

Great. I look like some sort of freak. I wouldn't even go out today except to walk the dog. And I can't put on any mascara. I can't even find my eyelashes under that mess!

6Comments:

Blogger BarefootCajun said...

OMG, Dix! Maybe you should see the doctor. That's awfully swollen.

I hope it's better soon.

9:55 PM  
Blogger Dixie said...

Hell, I HAD the doctor on the phone today - she called here to ask us the telephone country code for Australia - and it didn't even occur to me to ask her about my eye. If I don't look in the mirror I sort of forget about it.

I swear, it doesn't hurt or itch or anything. I really think I just irritated the underside of my eyelid but if it doesn't get better I'll go see the doctor.

10:30 PM  
Blogger BranV said...

GAH! "I am a woman, not an animal!" Ok, I kid...I kid b/c I love. And I can't help myself even if it means I'm going to be ruthlessly bitch slapped for it...well deserved, I admit.

You might have a sinus infection. The first one I had (it went horribly wrong...if I'm going to get sick, it's going to be craptacular), I woke up with two amazingly swollen eyes. Not so bad as that, but not pretty. And like you, I knew they weren't styes b/c they didn't hurt. Weepy too. Went to the doc, and he diagnosed a haywire sinus issue.

But that's just my two cent diagnoses by proxy. Hope you feel better.

3:10 AM  
Blogger Dixie said...

Totally cracking up over here.

Your diagnosis makes more sense than many I've heard. Pink eye? No eye goo, no burning, no itching. Styes? No lumpy thing, no pain. No bug bites. I live in Germany. What bug is going to bite my eye? I don't have fleas or spiders or scorpions or some other thing. But a sinus thing getting funky makes sense because my hay fever's been going nuts lately.

3:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How's your eye today?

5:21 PM  
Blogger Dixie said...

I am happy to report that my eye is nearly back to normal. Still some swelling along my eyelashes but if you didn't know what to look for you may not even notice it. And what weepiness it had yesterday is completely gone.

Reckon by tomorrow I'll be back in mascara!

9:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home