http://www.one.org Dixie Peach: Head bobbling, yarn bobbling

Cooler than the other side of the pillow.

Thursday, August 04, 2005

Head bobbling, yarn bobbling

Six-thirty in the morning is just too early for me to get up and let a painter in. All morning I had the feeling that acid had been poured into my eyes.

Little Painter Dude arrived about 7:20, dropped off paint, left, came back about 8:00 and got finished around 9:45. I spent the time watching two episodes of The Sopranos that I'd recorded last night because I figured grow men saying "fuck" every 90 seconds would keep me awake. It worked for the most part. I think I nodded off while sitting up with my head lolling back and forth only a few times. No nap drooling reported.

Painting finished, tip given, Little Painter Dude happy, all is well again.

I've started to knit the Aibhlinn cowl once again. It was time for me to start a new project and I wasn't in the mood for another rectangle at this point and I am anxious to see how this cowl will turn out. However the cotton yarn I'd used pissed me off to no end. It wasn't the best quality stuff and not twisted very tightly so when you combine yarn that has no give whatsoever and yarn that splits all the time, you end up with one cranky knitter. I threw in the towel and frogged it (actually I had to take scissors and hack it apart to get it off the needles because that cotton yarn was so unstretchy it wouldn't come off) and thought about maybe just using another skein of the cotton yarn and decided against it. However, I don't have enough wool to knit the piece and won't have time to buy any until well into next week and I wanted to knit it now. So I got out some not-so-bad acylic and started again. It's not very stretchy either but better than the cotton (and certainly better twisted than the cotton). I'm done with the bobble making and so it's just easy peasy knitting until I get to the end and I have to do the bobbles again. Making bobbles is actually fun but it would be more fun with better quality yarn.

The day didn't end up so bad after all. I was even able to catch a nap, albeit not until after 6pm. Felt wonderful though.

0Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home