http://www.one.org Dixie Peach: Stinks like wet paper, too

Cooler than the other side of the pillow.

Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Stinks like wet paper, too

I'm tired. I'm cranky. I'm about half irritable and I'm not likely to see an improvement for the next 36 hours or so.

After a refreshing 4 hours of sleep I had to get up and get everything moved out of the bathrooms. The guy from the painting company hired by the rental company to fix the water damage caused by the dolts living above us was due this morning to repaper the bathroom ceiling and an adjacent wall and to paint the ceiling in the smaller bathroom.

Our floors, walls and ceilings are made of plates of concrete. You can't paint directly onto the concrete walls and ceiling (unless you are going for that looks-like-shit appearance) so wallpaper has to be put on and you paint over that.

The boss of the painting company came by a few weeks ago to check the damage and say what would have to be done to fix the water damage (for those who don't remember, the pipes in the apartment where the Loud family lives leaked like hell, the water ran through the seams in the concrete plates and I have a huge water stain in my bathroom) and he told us that the big bathroom with the big stain would have to be repapered and repainted. Today the painter showing up said he was there just to paint the ceilings and wall.

Not so fast there, big fella. You're not painting over that big ass stain because #1 I don't want mildew starting up there and #2 the stain will eventually show through again. I had that confirmed by the painting company boss and Wolfgang, who is a professional painter as well.

I kindly informed Little Painter Dude that I was told a different story, he expressed some doubt, I kindly invited him to step into the livingroom to speak with B and B could tell him we were told it would be repapered.

Little Painter Dude backed down and went out to get what he needed to strip off the wallpaper. And by golly it took him forever. I'll bet that guy was cussing me all morning.

Four hours later the ceiling and wall were repapered and he said he'd be back tomorrow to paint the ceiling and he'd bring paint that matched what I already have on the walls. Actually I only need him to paint the ceiling. Wolfgang can do the rest as I want the rest of the bathroom painted with the paint I have leftover from the kitchen.

But Little Painted Dude will have his revenge on me for having him repaper the ceiling. He's returning tomorrow morning at 7am.

7am. That hurts to even think about it.

2Comments:

Blogger Mahala said...

Gawd I'm barely conscious at 7am.

11:55 PM  
Blogger Kirsti said...

Ouch. Still, it's worth it to have your bathroom done properly. Hope you woke up OK and that it's all nice and finished by now.

4:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home