http://www.one.org Dixie Peach: Sweeping out

Cooler than the other side of the pillow.

Saturday, September 03, 2005

Sweeping out

Just getting out some of the clutter taking up space in my mind.

1. I've been indulging myself on comfort food a little too much lately but damn if this queso dip and white corn tortilla chips aren't entirely too fabulous. Need to knock it off though.

2. The German national soccer team has sorely disappointed me tonight. Hey! It's less than a year until the World Cup. Y'all want to pull your heads out of your asses?

3. It's a bit annoying to dip the little broken off pieces of tortilla chips into the jar of queso and get the dip all over your fingernails. There should be a neater system. Flatter jars of dip or bags of completely unbroken chips perhaps.

4. Thank God for friends who you can completely trust. Not just trust them to tell you that your ass really does look fat in those jeans but who you can trust to say you're not being your best or that you need to take a closer look at a situation because there's a lesson in there you can get. Everyone needs someone who will love you enough to be honest.

5. While I'm not obsessed with watching the news, I'm certainly watching it more than normal which tends to be a rather excessive amount anyway. I'd commented on Poppy's blog that it's how I tend to ease myself through a troubling tragic event like this week's hurricane or the school hostage event in Beslan, Russia last September. Some people need to turn it off, I need to turn it on. I have to know as much as possible about a crisis because not knowing is very troubling to me. I always was the sort of kid who had to be right in the thick of something even if it was over my head and I'm probably even more so now.

6. It kills me how I'll fuss at Bonnie for something and she'll plop down in front of me and raise her paw to me as if to say "Peace, baby...peace...".

7. I'm loving knitting more than before these days. I'm getting more done, it looks better and I'm enjoying more thoroughly.

8. Queso dip does leave a pretty nasty film on your teeth. On diamond rings too.

5Comments:

Blogger Dixie said...

Okay I just brayed like a donkey laughing at that visual!

9:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I guess it's ok that I ate those Twizzler's I bought for you then, right?

BWHAHAHA, I swear I did.

12:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I guess it's ok that I ate those Twizzler's I bought for you then, right?

BWHAHAHA, I swear I did.

12:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I guess it's ok that I ate those Twizzler's I bought for you then, right?

BWHAHAHA, I swear I did.

12:34 AM  
Blogger Mikki Marshall said...

you can knit and queso dip simultaneously?...wow you're good.
i watch a little news and then turn it off, i have to or it consumes me.

twizlers, aaahhh, i survive on them whenever i'm hospitalized. sound crazy? i don't know why but they're my comfort food.

5:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home