http://www.one.org Dixie Peach: All tricks performed with the accompaniment of a Green Day CD

Cooler than the other side of the pillow.

Saturday, August 27, 2005

All tricks performed with the accompaniment of a Green Day CD

As sure as the sun will rise in the east I know that if any sort of household cleaning chore involves me repeatedly climbing up and down a step ladder then my less-than-toned-and-fit (read: flabby) body is going to be reduced to a groaning, shuddering mass of aches after said chore is finished. The tops of my kitchen cabinets are grease film and dust free (and smelling of the Williams-Sonoma countertop cleaner Mollie sent me) and I'm getting slightly concerned that when I stand up the creaking of my knees drowns out the sound of the TV.

To console myself and at the same time ease around the problem of being unable to think of anything new, exciting, tasty and healthful to cook for supper I assembled a conglomeration of ground beef, jarred spaghetti sauce, mushrooms and egg noodles and after stirring it all together and shoveling it into a casserole dish, covered it all with an insane amount of shredded mozzarella cheese in order to form a sort of crispy brown mozzarella crust which ends up giving me an ridiculous amount of mindless pleasure as I take a fork and stab into over and over it to feel its crustiness once I remove the casserole from the oven.

I believe that perhaps I have just written the longest rambling sentence of my life.

So after cleaning, complaining about my aging body and scarfing down one of my ultimate comfort food pleasures I'm now going to ease onto the sofa and knit until either my fingers grow numb or I nod off to sleep.

I am Hausfrau, hear me roar.

7Comments:

Blogger Miz said...

Yeah baby! I like your style.

(My knees sound like a bowl of Rice Crispys...snap, crackle and pop)

7:19 AM  
Blogger Kathy said...

What Green Day were you listening to? My knees sound like that too.

11:09 AM  
Blogger Sally said...

I too have cornflakes in my knees. Going up stairs it sounds like they're about to explode...especially if carrying the ginger bean...

I want your casserole. My mouth is watering at the thought of the crunchy cheesy marvellousness...

4:31 PM  
Blogger BranV said...

I would be a groaning shuddering mass just trying to go up a step ladder...can't get one foot off the ground without being afraid of heights ;-) Your cleaning prowess and dedication impress me mightily.

Mmm, and much like stew, a pasta casserole is so much better the next day. How are those leftovers coming :)

4:44 PM  
Blogger Dixie said...

By golly, that casserole was insanely good tonight. Brandi, you're so correct - casseroles like that are so much better the next day after all the flavors have had the opportunity to get all happy with one another.

Katya, cleaning was done to the strains of "Dookie". Cooking was done to "American Idiot".

8:52 PM  
Blogger Kathy said...

You know -- I think I need to get "Dookie" -- I only have "American Idiot" -- which I love.

12:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love Williams Sonoma Countertop cleaner (need to run and get more Lime!) and adore casseroles!

6:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home