http://www.one.org Dixie Peach: A dry patch but at least it's sparkly

Cooler than the other side of the pillow.

Monday, December 12, 2005

A dry patch but at least it's sparkly

I've got nothing today. Went out to buy tickets to see Andre Rieu for my MIL's Christmas gift but the only highlight of that trip was seeing the Peruvian flute players doing their flute thing and a group of toddlers getting down with them.

So to make up for the lack of writing material, take a look at my Christmas tree. See if you can discern what ornaments I have hanging on it.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

And before we leave the subject of my Christmas tree, I'd like to declare that tree lights in Germany blow. No end to end stringing, ridiculous amount of wire - it's no wonder there are people here who still put live candles on trees.

8Comments:

Blogger christina said...

Oooh, pretty! I think I can see glass angels and trees and a wooden bird house or two? Also several Santas?

I dread putting the lights on the tree every year and I'm always the one who has to do it. But real candles would freak me out because I'm a fire safety nut.

9:39 PM  
Blogger Dixie said...

Excellet eye there...you did pick out a lot of what's hanging there! Lots of Santas on my tree - I collect them.

Oh yeah, I'd never do real candles either. They don't mix with the plastic tree too well plus I'd be a nervous wreck the whole time they were lit.

10:19 PM  
Blogger Haddock said...

We don't do the real candle thing either, even though my wife would like too. I have survived one major fire in my life. I wouldn't want to go through that again.

12:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can see bells, angels, snowmen, bows, a tiny house, pearly garland, ribbon, a star on top and some little Christmas trees.

My mom bought a pre-lighted tree this year and even though it was kinda pricey it was WELL worth it the amount hassle we did NOT have to go through putting five strings of tangled lights on the tree. What a relief, decorating was actually fun this year.

Our tree turned out pretty cute, too... I'll have to post a pic of ours in my blog.

5:12 AM  
Blogger Mikki Marshall said...

Hey, who it is that little guy hanging from the bottom?
I love it. Why can't we have Christmas all year?

3:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

andre rieu! that's who the little old lady who invited me to her house for chicken soup made me search for! how odd. your mother in law doesn't have a vacation house in florida, does she?

8:36 PM  
Blogger Dixie said...

M - the little guy on the bottom is a penguine named Chilly. He's one of B's favorite ornaments.

Ash - Andre Rieu is evidently favorite of old ladies the world over. I told my mom that we got my MIL tickets to see him and she said "Oh I wish I could see him too! I just love him!".

9:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love your tree. I just love it.

11:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home