http://www.one.org Dixie Peach: Keep your hands inside the car at all times

Cooler than the other side of the pillow.

Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Keep your hands inside the car at all times

...because should you get them near me, you may draw back a nub.

I am so grouchy this evening. I haven' t been grouchy the entire day but by the time the sun began to sink into the horizon, so did my good mood.

Things not contributing to a change in my mood:

~ When I opened the door yesterday for B's physiotherpist, a small fly came in with her. We both saw it fly in. It's been below freezing for weeks now and it seems that the only fly in this part of Germany has not only survived the cold but is now in my apartment and hell bent on driving me mad. And I can leave the windows open until the cows come home - that bastard ain't gonna fly out. He's gonna become one of those giant, bloated flies that's still hanging around come springtime.

~ I don't ask for much from B - just that he understand that I am a busy person who is busy doing stuff for him all day long and for him to please make things a little easier on me when the opportunity presents itself. Just little things. Little things like answer a yes and no question with an actual yes or no. "What do you want to do?" or "Which one do you like better?" or "Whatever you want." is not the answer to a frigging yes or no question! If we were going to do whatever I want I wouldn't have asked the yes or no question in the first place.

~ The from my shoulder, up my neck, over my scalp and through the back of my eye pain that coincidentally started about the same time my mood went south.

~ I'd like to close my kitchen window because I'm getting a draft but I'm trying to intice that fly to vacate and the smell of the Schnitzel I fried for supper tonight will not go away!

~ I can't find my other set of 8mm circular needles. I need those needles! I need to swatch for my Knitting Olympics project and my other 8mm needles are currently occupied with a blanket that won't be finished by the time I need to start the Olympics project.

I'm blaming this entire grouchiness thing on the weather, the fact that this winter is endless and that I'm all out of chocolate ice cream.

Oh wait. I have chocolate pudding. Nevermind. Bad mood reversed.

6Comments:

Blogger Marshamlow said...

I am so glad you found the chocolate pudding. I really get frustrated by my hubby answering yes or no questions that way too. I think that sometimes the analytical part of my brain is short circuited and I just need someone else to take the responsibility for a moment.

10:57 PM  
Blogger Mikki Marshall said...

Get it out girl, release!

12:27 AM  
Blogger amulbunny's random thoughts said...

At least he answers you. I think I could stand in front of mine with caution to the wind, and he still wouldn't hear me or answer me. He gets "engrossed" in what he is doing.

I hope the flies drop dead. Have you tried hair spray yet?

I too had the worst pain in my jaw and sinus last night. I was so in tears the dog came up and gave me a kiss. Must have been sending out vibes. I had a cortisone shot in the late morning but I don't know if medicine can travel nerve pathways or not. All I know is that I was sobbing.

Share the ice cream and pudding?

annie

1:32 AM  
Blogger Mimey said...

I'd fantasise about chocolate but even that hurts my throat.

6:17 PM  
Blogger Dixie said...

Susan, it is a doofus fly in the making. It's not quite to the bloated-like-Elvis stage but if I don't either swat it or get it out of my apartment it'll be in offical doofus fly status.

DPG. Heh heh. There are few lower forms of life than a DPG.

9:13 PM  
Blogger Reighnie said...

Just found your blog. I can totally relate to the no straight answer thing.

I don't know about you, but my guy is also a quad, and it drives me up the wall when I ask him what he wants to do and he says whatever you want and I can't fully express to him that it can't be whatever I want because it's a WE deal.

It's hard enough to plan not knowing if he's going to have a good day or a bad day with the dysreflexia and spasming, but when I ask him it's almost always "whatever you want to do." arghh

I want to sit around all day and crochet, you wanna watch? Of course not it gets boring for him. lol So then it begs the question of "whatever you want."

Ya know?

11:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home