http://www.one.org Dixie Peach: When Your Mom's a Jackal

Cooler than the other side of the pillow.

Wednesday, November 08, 2006

When Your Mom's a Jackal

This is post number 666. Not that I get freaked out about such things. Well a little. Maybe more than a little. No really, just a little - I'm not one of those people who would refuse to have a credit card that happened to have 666 contained in the numbers or if the sum of numbers in my phone number and zip code added up to 666.

It reminds me though of The Omen. That movie came out when I was fourteen years old and someone took me to see it - pretty sure it was my oldest brother. Scared me to pieces. Creepy, ghostly white Mrs. Baylock. The priest getting impaled with the long metal rod. Jennings getting his head sliced off by the big plate of glass. And that creepy-ass-hangs-herself nanny. "Look at me, Damien! It's all for you!". That made me shriek in the theater.

As far as I know the kid who played Damien never did any more acting. That guy would have to be in his mid thirties by now. You think he clears a room by just mentioning who he is?

"Nice to meet you! Say, did you know I played Damien in The Omen?

"Wow! Really! Hey, you know I think I left my lights on in the car..."

10Comments:

Blogger BranV said...

LOL! Do you know that the city nearest us, where I go to college, has the zip code 78666? I always thought it was awesome, given our firm location in the bible belt.

Also of note, when I worked at Baskin Robbins waaaay back when, a double scoop sundae and a single scoop cone rung up together came to 666. Mmmmm, so this is what hell tastes like frozen over.

11:50 PM  
Blogger Dixie said...

Brandi, I can't believe some nudnik down there hasn't petitioned the postal service to change that zip code.

12:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

There was a guy who used to work at my coffeehouse named Damien. One day I asked him how old he was, then came home and hit IMDB to see if he was born before or after the movie. He was born a few months before, poor thing.

12:58 AM  
Blogger Miz said...

When I draw three sixs in Rummy Cubes I always lose. I guess I jinx myself.

8:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you soooo have to watch the remake. it's not too bad as far as remakes go and it's gorier :P

9:48 AM  
Blogger sari said...

This is why I don't like getting the 6's first in sudoku.

Things will come spearing out of the sky.

(classic movie, by the way! very scary!)

2:48 PM  
Blogger Ginnie Hart said...

HA! LOL at Sari's comment on Sudoku. I never once thought of that. Now I will PURPOSELY do the 6's first, just because I can :)

BTW, I have a psychic meter whenever I see previews in theaters. If it looks too psychologically scary to me, I tell Donica, "I DON'T THINK SO!" Or, with a movie like The Villager when it came out, Donica and Amy went to see it without me and then came home and told me I would be okay with it. Otherwise, they'd stay with me forever and I couldn't shake them. Not good for the everyday life.

3:08 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

It is creepy that it is post 666, but also totally cool. I am trying to reach 200 before my 1 year anniversary. I don't think I will make it.

PS I never saw Omen, but Children of the Corn creeped me out.

10:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm a little freaked out by that number, too. More than a little freaked out that here in my part of Germany there are quite a few car license plates with this number. I don't think I'd feel comfortable at all riding around in a vehicle with the "mark of the beast" on my license plate. Or my ID. Or anything to do with me. I don't look for the number or add things up to get to it or participate in conspiracy theories where it's involved, but on the other hand I just don't like to tempt fate, ya know? Life is hard enough.

10:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have I ever told you that my social security number ends in 666?

5:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home