http://www.one.org Dixie Peach: Friday Shuffle - Screw The Malaise Edition

Cooler than the other side of the pillow.

Friday, February 09, 2007

Friday Shuffle - Screw The Malaise Edition

Awwww! You left comments! Lots of them. Lots of comment love. And while I'm not happy about it, it is comforting to know that y'all are suffering form The Malaise (and The Malaise definitely needs to be capitalized) as well. There's something to be said for misery loving company. But even in your malaise you left me comments. Smooches all around!

Malaise was not much better today. I was out this morning to the department store up the street for my weekly non-ass-smelling milk run and to pick up a birthday gift for annoying aunt - a lovely oversized porcelain coffee cup and saucer. Annoying aunt's birthday was a couple days before mine but I'd been putting off getting her a gift because I thought I would have more time. She has planned on giving herself a birthday party when the weather is nice (don't confuse annoying aunt with the Queen of England - Queen Elizabeth isn't as boring and uptight) and I thought I'd give her a gift then but when we were roped into the coffee and cake obligation it forced me into giving her gift to her earlier. Anyway, like I said it's a very pretty porcelain coffee cup and saucer from Seltmann-Weiden of Bavaria. Good stuff, not like the dime store crap teacup she gave me for Christmas. Here...it's from the Specials collection. I called my MIL when I got back home to say I'd gotten Gabi's gift and said "It's nice and it was just 16 euro and change.". There was a long pause and then my MIL said "That's too good for her.".

Nice. I'm rubbing off on my MIL.

I should have done more this afternoon in preparation for the impending visit from The Queen annoying aunt but what's the point? Everything they're going to see is clean anyway so forget trying to make it extra-super-duper special. What would be the worst that would happen? For annoying aunt to say "I found an old TV guide in the magazine rack! I'm never going back there again!". Hell, I ain't that lucky for that to happen!

And after they're gone I'm going to dedicate the rest of my weekend to giving The Malaise one last shiftless weekend and come Monday, it's out the door. It's just tiring to be a moody grouch all the time.

Time for a shuffle.
  1. Rocket - Def Leppard
  2. Mississippi Goddam - Nina Simone
  3. Locomotive Breath - Jethro Tull
  4. Twist Of Cain - Danzig
  5. Bitter Sweet Symphony - The Verve
  6. All The Right Reasons - The Jayhawks
  7. Ring Of Fire - Johnny Cash
  8. Ich Atme Ein - Roger Cicero
  9. Lovely Rita - The Beatles
  10. Love Rollercoaster - Red Hot Chili Peppers
Feeling better already. Hope The Malaise clears out for you too.

Labels:

11Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG, I did not leave comment love and I love! I love!!!! I hate the aunt in law with the incontinent dog and I love you! And B!

I'm sorry, I've been wrapped up in my own dramas including deep feelings for a very much younger foreign man and the bone deep loneliness I suffer that clouds my judgement. Plus! Grad school. Uff. Not like a pushy and insensitive aunt in law and winter doldrums, I know! I'm sorry.

But you know I love you. Hope your weekend is... okay, if not tolerable, at least amusing to read about! (How's THAT for supportive, yet selfish? I know, I hate myself!)

3:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Danzig: He's so annoying. He's so frightening. And he doesn't wear a shirt.

Show that to Aunt Gabi when she visits. It'll ensure that she won't return.

3:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've nothing clever to say but wanted to leave a comment just the same.

Wishing you brighter days!

4:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's a Bittersweet symphony...
Now it is stuck in my head, yeah, I will have to go download it from somewhere. I hope your visit is short and sweet.

5:09 AM  
Blogger The Lone Beader® said...

Wow. I haven't listened to Def Leppard in a looooong time... :)

5:42 AM  
Blogger Miz said...

The malaise is spreading over the world. It struck here this morning. Hope the weekend finds your life and emotions brighter...kick the dog once for me.

6:16 AM  
Blogger Kathy said...

I love Mississippi Goddam -- I even love the title of it.

I love the VIP collection from the store where you bought annoying aunt's present that's too good for her.

6:06 PM  
Blogger The DP said...

I find that all UHT milk smells like ass in cornflakes. I stopped eating cornflakes when I moved here.

8:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Robin, thank you so much for that clip. I'm going to have to start watching Cartoon Network... that KILLED me! I want that robot!

10:29 PM  
Blogger Dixie said...

"You make that house bleed right now!"

That clip is what's been getting me through the weekend.

12:35 AM  
Blogger Molly said...

Ok now. I know you're dying to tell us how wonderful the little coffee-klotch went and that your auntie just Loved the cup.

2:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home