http://www.one.org Dixie Peach: Well. I Tried.

Cooler than the other side of the pillow.

Saturday, March 31, 2007

Well. I Tried.

The hairnet idea? The hairnet I bought yesterday for me to sleep in in an effort to keep the layers of hair on the top of my head from getting pushed up into devil horns by my pillow? The one that was supposed to keep my hair sort of nailed down and locked into normal position?

Complete shit. Complete and utter shit. It molded my hair into...into...I can't even describe it. The hairnet turned my bangs inside out. It literally twisted my hair so that what's normally against my forehead was facing outwards. I can't even fathom how that happened.

Maybe not the worst idea I've ever had but it's in the top five. Top three maybe.

Labels:

9Comments:

Blogger Ginnie Hart said...

I shouldn't be laughing out loud, Dixie, but I am. The way you described this just tickles me pink. :)

1:41 AM  
Blogger Kathy said...

It made me laugh too, but I do identify with the hair issues. Mine is so totally hopeless.

2:41 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Is it bad that I am laughing? I really wish there was a picture to go with this post.

3:46 AM  
Blogger Princess Cat's Pajamas said...

I want a picture, too! Still giggling...

8:18 PM  
Blogger Dixie said...

You'll have to forgive me for not having a picture of the disaster that was my hair. I was hell bent on getting my hair back down into a position that didn't defy the laws of gravity.

9:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Dixie. Do you have an IKEA near you? They sell a few pillow styles (and cases for them) that are rectangular and closer to American style than the big stupid square German things. Might try that. I can't sleep right on German pillows, either. Have a couple IKEA ones, but I'm thinking I might buy a couple in the US in November and space bag 'em to smoosh them into my suitcase, lol.

6:30 PM  
Blogger Dixie said...

The closest IKEA is in Braunschweig but they're building one here so maybe this time next year I can have a more suitable pillow selection. I have bought rectangular pillows here in the past but they were all way too soft.

7:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow. I thought Germany was sufficiently blanketed by IKEAs already. Well, at one time I was going to take a stupid German square pillow, fold it in half and actually sew the edges together, creating a rectangle. Don't know if it would've worked, but thought I'd share the idea, lol ;-)

12:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You bought a hair net. Then you wore a hair net.

Is there any possible way that you have pictures of this?

2:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home