http://www.one.org Dixie Peach: Copy Cat Dots

Cooler than the other side of the pillow.

Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Copy Cat Dots

All day I've been thinking of what I could write about for you lovely, faithful readers and as the day went on I resigned myself to relying my fall back blogging topic: the always tidy but sometimes only marginally interesting bulleted list. This week has been a little slow and not at all inspiring enough to write about a single topic. Then I read Poppy's blog and saw how it's been slow in St. Louis as well and she's had to rely on a bulleted list.

More proof that Poppy and I are identical cousins.
  • I forgot to tell y'all that I finally finished Paula's hydrangea-colored socks. I didn't even take a picture of the finished product. I was so anxious to get them to her that I sent them off and it wasn't until I was walking away from the post office that I realized that I don't have a photo of them. You'll just have to trust me that they're pretty.
  • I started a pair of Jaywalker socks out of some lovely yarn given to me by Ginnie. I wasn't 100% sure that this particular colorway would be suitable for this pattern but as it's turning out, this particular colorway is perfect for this pattern. They're going to be lovely. Just one little problem though. I can't find the other skein of yarn to knit its mate. It's somewhere around here - I just can't lay my hands on it. I'll find it though. It's not like I would have thrown it away or something.
  • Of course I've thrown away dinner knives before - by accident, of course - so I wouldn't bet the farm that I'll find the other skein.
  • Very late this afternoon I laid down for a nap and woke up to the smell of french fries. I know it's from the new Nashville Saloon. They're the closest restaurant to me that sells fries. Great. Why don't they just croon my name? If they sold lipstick and yarn I'd probably ask to move in.
  • Mount Dirty Laundry? Still there. Shiiiiiit!! Why can't I get these clothes washed? Nothing short of threats are going to motivate me to get these clothes washed.
  • I need a pedicure in the worst way but hate doing it myself. Someone want to come over and do it for me? I'll supply snacks. Bring 20 grit sandpaper. You'll need it.
  • And then like a bolt from the blue it came to me. I know I had yarn sparated into plastic sacks. Maybe it got stuck under Mount Dirty Laundry. Nice. Now I know I'll never see it again.

Labels: ,

3Comments:

Blogger Ginnie Hart said...

HA! I hope you find that other skein, Dixie. If not, may I request that you send the one sock to me as a souvenir?? :)

10:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Slow doesn't even begin to describe things around here. Crazy-busy and yet, nothing really worth writing about.

I've got a real entry today. Just gotta find time to write it.

Good luck in finding the yarn! I'm a fan of the 100g skeins, just for that reason.

2:54 PM  
Blogger Dixie said...

Ginnie - they're yours! I'll send you this sock when it's finished (I'm starting the heel right now) and if I ever find the second skein, I'll knit up and send you its mate!

Robin - I'm afraid that this isn't the only 50g skein of yarn that's missing its mate. I'm missing a charcoal gray skein of Regia silk as well.

9:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home