http://www.one.org Dixie Peach: Proof That It Can Be Done

Cooler than the other side of the pillow.

Monday, July 09, 2007

Proof That It Can Be Done

In the past Hilda has expressed a sense of wonderment bordering on amazement that I use five needles to knit socks. I told her that wasn't the most I could handle - when I knit cables I add a sixth needle. I like to imagine that when Hilda read that her eyes nearly spun in her head.

But look! It's easy!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


Two needles working on the current row, one needle for the cable, two vertical needles on the sides and one horizontal needle at the bottom. My math skills are bad but even to me that adds up to six. To the uninitiated this looks complicated and even slightly dangerous. To a sock knitter this looks perfectly normal.

And who will be the recipient of this latest sock knitting effort of mine? I don't know. Could be you. Or it could be you. Or back there. Yes, you. Could be yours as well. It's going to be a Pink Ribbon Sock knitted from scrumptious Regia Silk yarn - 55% wool, 20% silk, 25% poly fiber and it's up for bid at Boob-Ha-Ha with all proceeds going to the Susan G. Koman Foundation via the Breast Cancer 3-Day. I'm even going to knit it to the length to fit your foot so feel free to bid even if you have long feet.

Hand knit socks not your thing? That's okay. There are other fabulous things for you to bid for. Handbags, pillows, scarves, framed photos, bowls, jams, and a host of other clever, useful and beautiful items. Beautiful stuff to buy and all the money goes to save boobies. That's way more amazing than juggling six knitting needles.

Labels: ,

6Comments:

Blogger sari said...

Oh Dear Lord. For me to do that would be like me writing Harry Potter - impossible.

You are quite talented!! And for such a good cause, I like that.

1:05 AM  
Blogger Hilda said...

Dixie writes:

"In the past Hilda has expressed a sense of wonderment bordering on amazement that I use five needles to knit socks."

Actually it was shock and awe - and a little fear. However, I have in fact placed a bid for the soon to be lovely socks!

Good job Dixie.

3:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is there a knitting circus? That is too neat! You are the Evil Knievel of Knitting.

Now run through a flaming hoop!

9:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oops- I did not sign my message!

The above message was from Mollie!

- Mollie

10:00 PM  
Blogger Dixie said...

Sock knitting is just the way I like stuff to be - it only looks difficult to do.

Yay! I got a bid on the socks! Now I'm really motivated to make them purty!

12:15 AM  
Blogger Twango said...

Oh my! I would stab myself continually doing that.

Give me a 9" Santoku anyday

4:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home