http://www.one.org Dixie Peach: Friday Shuffle - Lottie Gets Around Edition

Cooler than the other side of the pillow.

Friday, January 25, 2008

Friday Shuffle - Lottie Gets Around Edition

As you may remember when I told y'all about my trip to America last October I left my sock monkey, Lottie, with my friend, Ash. Lottie has been off visiting without be before - a couple years ago she spent the summer with my friend, Lisa where she did things like go shopping:

Photobucket


and go on picnics:

Photobucket


It only took one evening of hanging out with Lottie:

Photobucket


for Ash to know she wanted to take Lottie back with her to Carolina for a visit. Ash lives on a horse ranch and travels a lot so Lottie was anxious to expand her horizons and go home with Ash. Little did Lottie know how far her horizons would be expanded.

Helmsley, Ash's Cavalier King Charles Spaniel, and Lottie became fast friends immediately. Lottie has such a knack for making friends very quickly and those who meet her say they feel as if they've know her all their lives.

Photobucket


Lottie's a city girl when she's here in Germany but there in Carolina with Ash she's learning the ways of country living. Lottie was anxious to learn to ride a horse and learning to sit a western saddle was easy for her.

Photobucket


When it was time to ride for real, Lottie was, of course, a natural.

Photobucket


Lottie's got her own horse now.

But the biggest adventure of Lottie's visit with Ash, would take them down to Florida. As his gift to her for Christmas, Ash's husband gave to her an opportunity to ride G-Force One ® - the airplane that recreates weightless flight. Here's Ash on her flight (she's on the far left):

Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


And you have to know that Lottie wasn't going to miss out on this experience:

Photobucket


Photobucket


Note that Lottie's got a little flight suit, just like the rest of 'em! Lottie reported that it was an experience like no other and she'll remember forever the feeling of being weightless and then coming back down to the gravity of Earth. She was free for just a minute but it was a minute like no other.

I can't imagine what other adventures Lottie's going to have but I have a feeling it'll be hard topping weightless flight.

Let's shuffle:
  1. Kid Gloves - Voxtrot
  2. Mary Jane's Last Dance - Tom Petty
  3. Dumas Walker - Kentucky Headhunters
  4. Anarchy in the UK - The Sex Pistols
  5. You Wear It Well - Rod Stewart
  6. Everytime I Think Of You - The Babys
  7. Something To Talk About - Badly Drawn Boy
  8. Van Lear Rose - Loretta Lynn
  9. Burning Love - Elvis Presley
  10. Have You Seen Your Mother, Baby, Standing in the Shadow? - Rolling Stones
Have your own big adventures this weekend.

Labels: ,

10Comments:

Blogger maggie said...

Lottie looks like a great adventurer. Glad you are not skeered of sock monkeys any more!

12:02 AM  
Blogger sari said...

HOW TOTALLY FUNNY! Love the flight suit.

Lottie can never visit me, I'd be so boring. "Look, Lottie, a saguaro!"

"Look Lottie, a roadrunner!"

"Lottie, WAKE UP!"

sigh.

1:35 AM  
Blogger Dixie said...

Well I'm sure it's not THAT boring in Arizona but I'm almost afraid to bring Lottie home because she's had so much fun with Ash.

1:40 AM  
Blogger kbryan said...

Cute photos! They made me laugh.

BTY, how are my socks coming along? :)

Kay

3:18 AM  
Blogger Molly said...

I love that Lottie is learning horsemanship. The denim outfit is even better than the flight suit.

2:35 PM  
Blogger Mahala said...

Awww.. it's too bad I didn't know Lottie was in Carolina. I could have hooked her up with my desk monkey.

3:21 PM  
Blogger Hilda said...

Well if Lottie ever comes to Miami, I'll taker her to eat some Cuban food - I think she'll like the plantains.

Maybe we'll even take her down to Key West or clubbing in South Beach!

12:49 AM  
Blogger Jaxie Fantastic said...

Haha Dixie... If Lottie ever came to Minnesota I'd take her sledding!

~Jaxie

1:50 AM  
Blogger Kathy said...

Lottie's flight suit is great! She'd be so bored if she visited me.

4:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

HAHAHA Lottie clubbing in South Beach, what a great idea.

Oh wait, I just got a text from her and she said she tore that place up in the late 90s.

I heard some high falutin' plantation land lawyer from Athens opened a opened a chain of bbq joints in the South after Lottie when ole boy found out Lottie created the recipe for "Lottie's Original BarBatos Recipe Hot Pepper Sauce."

http://www.cosmicchile.com/cosmicchile/images/large/lottie-s-red-hot-large.jpg

Lottie told ole boy when she met him in South Beach..."One night is just one night."

But, he went ahead on and named all them places after her. I hear tell he added "Soul Food" to the name hopin' that would drum up some business. I heard the Lottie's BBQ & Soul Food in Calion, Arkansas is doing pretty good.

1:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home