http://www.one.org Dixie Peach: Friday Shuffle - Fried to Perfection Edition

Cooler than the other side of the pillow.

Friday, September 19, 2008

Friday Shuffle - Fried to Perfection Edition

It's been rather dead around here for the past couple of days. It's not that I haven't been busy - but it's only been more of the same. My life tends to run in a pattern and I haven't deviated from it in the least. Chores, errands, grocery shopping, take care of B - same old same. Things are so ordinary that I can't be bothered to even dig for new cliches and are resorting to faded classics like "same old same".

And right now there's only really one thing on my mind. French fries. Right now I'd rassle a bear for a plate of hot, crispy French fries. For some really good fries I'd even pass over the ketchup and mayonnaise.

In the absence of fries, let's shuffle instead.
  1. Spiralling - Keane
  2. Oh Very Young - Cat Stevens
  3. Mohair Sam - Kitty Daisy & Lewis
  4. Lied 1 - Stück Vom Himmel - Herbert Grönemeyer
  5. Here Comes My Baby - The Mavericks
  6. Victor Jara's Hands - Calexico (Useless trivia: I used to live a couple blocks from Victor Jara Strasse and yes, you have to go down Salvador Allende Strasse to get there.)
  7. Love Man - Otis Redding
  8. The House Is Rockin' - The Brian Setzer Orchestra
  9. Immigrant Song - Led Zeppelin
  10. Hard To Laugh - Pursuit of Happiness
Dig on your weekend the mostest. Dip in ketchup if necessary.

Labels:

2Comments:

Blogger Diane Mandy said...

French fries would be wonderful right about now...

2:15 PM  
Blogger UmmFarouq said...

Had a craving for fries covered in cheese tonight. Ended up having Popeye's delivered to the house (with biscuits, in Jordan). It was an OK substitute and because I had no butter to make the cheese sauce for the fries I so craved, I gave in.

Fried chicken at 11 p.m. Can we say heartburn coupled with a few funky dreams?

10:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home