http://www.one.org Dixie Peach: Gray Day

Cooler than the other side of the pillow.

Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Gray Day

B's not feeling well again. I hate it for him because when he's feeling awful there's not a lot I can do to relieve it.

It all just serves to remind me that he's disabled and his physiology is quite different than an able bodied person. The muscles in his body are slack and weak and don't respond like they should. He's going to age faster than if he were able bodied and while most of the time I don't dwell on it, I still think of it and it makes me sad.

I try not to think too far ahead and borrow trouble but I know that reality is going to begin snapping at our heels one day.

Tomorrow will be better.

Labels: ,

7Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awww, Kim. Do you mind my sending some prayers your way?

Take Care, Mary Ann (bluecakes)

10:47 PM  
Blogger Dixie said...

Oh I would never mind any prayers for us.

You're awful good to us!

10:52 PM  
Blogger Tiffany said...

(((((Dix & B)))))

I'm sorry B isn't feeling well, healing vibes are on your way!

11:17 PM  
Blogger jane said...

hugs. and good thoughts.
jane

5:57 PM  
Blogger Marshamlow said...

Hugs, good thoughts, prayers being sent. Wish I could do more.

7:41 PM  
Blogger Dixie said...

Thanks for all the hugs and prayers and good thoughts. They mean more than you know. It's what keeps us going sometimes.

10:39 PM  
Blogger sari said...

You both have my prayers also. I hope the grey heads away soon.

6:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home