http://www.one.org Dixie Peach: Friday Shuffle - Needs a Shave Edition

Cooler than the other side of the pillow.

Friday, September 26, 2008

Friday Shuffle - Needs a Shave Edition

We spoke with my MIL tonight and she sounded more like her normal self. Has anything changed between her and Gerd or was it just a fluke or have we been overreacting? I have no idea but I do know this. I can't micromanage the life of a 74 year old woman. If she's not happy and she wants our help or encouragement then we'll give it - otherwise we can only try to relate to her in the way we always have and if that means dealing with Gerd sometimes then we'll have to do it. You know I probably wasn't the easiest person to deal with in the first couple years I was with B and I'm sure he changed somewhat when I moved here so maybe it'll only take some patience all around. If I'm not that thrilled with the guy and she is then I'll just have to get over it.

On to the biggest event of my day:

While I was out today to mail back some rental DVDs I saw a bike parked in front of the mall that was covered in fake fur. Most of it was black fake fur but there were some parts covered in fake fur that I can only describe as fox-like. I wanted to see who would have a fake fur bike but what was I supposed to do? Hang out until the owner of that fuzzy ride returned?

About a half hour later as I was sitting on a bench near my flat, shaking a stone from my shoe, the fur covered bike passed by me and I looked up in time to see it's rider. Just an average university student-looking type. I was so disappointed by that. I wanted to see someone who looked as outlandish as the bike and who couldn't be mistaken for anyone but a person who would glue acrylic fur to a bicycle.

Evidenlty these days I am expecting too much from my fellow man.

Let's shuffle. Bixente, the iPod - hit it.
  1. Bang Bang (My Baby Shot Me Down) - Nancy Sinatra
  2. Falling Down - Oasis
  3. James Dean - The Eagles
  4. The Right Place To Fade - Lindsey Buckingham
  5. Dixie Chicken - Little Feat
  6. Evil Is Alive And Well - Jakob Dylan
  7. Hidden Treasure - Traffic
  8. Shining Star - Earth, Wind and Fire
  9. Longview - Green Day
  10. Weighty Ghost - Wintersleep

Labels:

4Comments:

Blogger TitanKT said...

"...and who couldn't be mistaken for anyone but a person who would glue acrylic fur to a bicycle."

Oh!!! This made me laugh and laugh! You know, Dixie... sometimes I wish I could just ride around in your pocket.

But then, that might make you strange and would certainly make me strange so... shoot. I guess not.

7:00 AM  
Blogger Schnitzel_Republic said...

After reading your commentary on the MIL...I would suggest pulling out the description of diabetic (varying stages). My associate in the office is a full-up diabetic (taking the insulin) and when he gets a sugar low...he really acts flaky and odd (the cops once gave him a ticket for lousy driving but it was low sugar that caused the episode). My mom acted the same way at the beginning of the year (very odd behavior), and she was tripping out on high amounts of sugar...once she limited the intake of sugar...she acted normal.

5:12 PM  
Blogger Diane Mandy said...

Funny, lady! I would have expected more too.

3:01 PM  
Blogger sari said...

Rats! I would have been disappointed, too. That bike DESERVES someone flamboyant to ride it.

Shining Star - good friday song! Whenever I hear that song I get the urge to dance horribly and fling my arms around. Alone, at home, of course, but still...

7:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home