http://www.one.org Dixie Peach: Friday Shuffle - Economic Woes Edition

Cooler than the other side of the pillow.

Friday, October 10, 2008

Friday Shuffle - Economic Woes Edition

I live in the shopping district of my city. There are all sorts of shops, boutiques, bakeries, restaurants, florists, pharmacies and kiosks at the bottom of the apartment buildings around where I live. There's even a new cabaret set to open in a couple of weeks.

I noticed yesterday as I got off at the streetcar stop in front of my building that one of the clothing stores - one that had opened six or eight months ago - was closed. Gone out of business. The shop was completely empty save the naked male and female mannequins in the shop windows.

The name of the shop? Nothing Else.

I have no idea how to run a retail business but it's my guess that naming it something upbeat and positive would be the way to go just in case that self-fulfilling prophecy thing has some merit to it.

Time are tough now for everyone. Good thing Bixente the iPod is a cheap date. Time to shuffle.
  1. Stay By My Side - Fiddler's Green
  2. Tremble For My Beloved - Collective Soul
  3. I Wish The Best For You - Emerson Hart
  4. In Love With A Girl - Gavin DeGraw
  5. Little Round Mirrors - Harvey Danger
  6. Thunder Road - Bruce Springsteen
  7. Here And Now - Great Big Sea
  8. Please Please Me - The Beatles
  9. Can't Help Falling In Love - Blackmore's Night
  10. Substitute - The Who

Labels:

0Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home