http://www.one.org Dixie Peach: Old Time Rock 'n' Roll

Cooler than the other side of the pillow.

Thursday, October 23, 2008

Old Time Rock 'n' Roll

B and I watched seven episodes of The Tudors in one day. Now, more than ever, am I glad I live in a world of brassieres, toothbrushes and regular bathing, physicians who don't believe that everything is cured by bloodletting and music that doesn't feature lutes and shawms.

I like lutes and shawms. A lot, actually. Just not non-stop lutes and shawms.

Labels:

5Comments:

Blogger TitanKT said...

Lutes and shawms. Say that ten times fast.

12:50 AM  
Blogger Marshamlow said...

I haven't seen The Tutors yet, I guess if you watched all 7 episodes it must be good. Hope B is feeling better.

1:00 AM  
Blogger Tiffany said...

I have yet to see any of the Tudors!!

Should I rent it?

4:14 AM  
Blogger Belinda said...

I'm all over the lute/shawm action.

...and I really, really want to see that show!! Tell me it's good.

9:46 AM  
Blogger Dixie said...

We were definitely digging The Tudors but then again, I like English medieval history. The story of Henry VIII is pretty compelling and while they take some liberties with historical fact - sometimes pretty big liberties - there's lots of drama and intrigue. And the costumes are fabulous, even though the women aren't wearing hoods, which were standard for that era. And I guess there's not much you can do about everyone's teeth being straight and white because you gotta know that wasn't reality.

I don't know that I'd recommend watching two discs worth at once but I wanted to get them back in the mail right away if I wanted to have any chance of perhaps getting the final disc delivered on Saturday.

4:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home