http://www.one.org Dixie Peach: Low Profile

Cooler than the other side of the pillow.

Thursday, December 04, 2008

Low Profile

"What's with you?" you say. "Think you can post for thirty days straight and then just duck out of sight? That's not the way it works 'round these parts, missy!".

It's just that I've been keeping myself under the radar. Catching up on the knitting I've gotten behind with. Trying to finish an excellent book that I'm enjoying but can't seem to find enough time to read. Getting my Christmas decorations up and getting this cluttered flat straightened up. Trying to figure out what to buy for B's doctors and therapists for Christmas.

And I've been trying to avoid hearing the Christmas song I hate most in the world. I don't even want to mention which song it is because that would be like summoning the devil but you'll know it when I finally do hear it. The scream rising from my throat is bound to be heard all over the world.

Labels: ,

6Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So... pretty much the same thing you did.. last Christmas?

2:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think of you every time I hear that song or any of the newer versions of it.

One sure fire way to avoid it is to use your iPod at all times for music. Even when at the grocery store. Unless some evil person has put said song on your iPod and it likes to shuffle up every once in a while. :)

(Also, said song is now stuck in my head, even though I am watching White Christmas while I do "homework").

4:07 AM  
Blogger Hilda said...

So what book are you reading?

Do I know the Christmas song you hate? Is it the same one I hate?

4:18 AM  
Blogger christina said...

Gahhhhhh! I heard THAT song two days ago on the radio and I hate it as much as I always did. And it's going to be with us for at least another three weeks. Urgh.

9:59 AM  
Blogger Dixie said...

Anon: Ahh-ha-ha...clever! Very clever!

Kara: Someone has remade that song? Pardon my French but that's like trying to polish a turd.

I love White Christmas. I'm saving it to watch when I put up my Christmas tree.

Hilda: I'll tell you about the book when I finish reading it but it's one I think you'd enjoy. I'm not sure if you know what song I'm talking about but the first comment will give you a clue!

Christina: I've really been trying to avoid the radio and so far the Kaufland I go to hasn't started to play Christmas music. I'm rolling the dice though because I do listen to the radio in the car and I always listen to British armed forces radio. They're sure to play it sometime when I'm in the car.

9:31 PM  
Blogger Toni Lea Andrews said...

If "White Christmas" is the song that makes you crazy, I may have the cure!

Try this version:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U-u-NJYoqlI

It might save you from screaming for life. Seriously.

10:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home