Events are all scattered so the reporting of them will be all dotty.
- Happy day. Package delivery lady was by here this morning. I think she's sweet on me because she brought me two books (The Hour I First Believed by Wally Lamb and When Will There Be Good News? by Kate Atkinson) and a small package from Apple. My new iPod has arrived. Introduction to him and his christening will be done on Friday.
- Goodness knows I love sock knitting but dang do I need a break from it. I'm not sick of sock knitting as much as I'm sick of knitting socks under a time pressure. I don't like having to knit something because I've said I'll do it by a certain date. And if I want to knit a scarf or blanket instead I can't do it because I have a stupid sock knit-along with penalties attached that makes me knuckle under.
- I just complained about sock knitting as though it were something of some real significance. Can you feature how I'd bitch if I had a real job with actual deadlines?
- I often think that if I lived on one of those remote islands in the North Sea or along the coast of England that I'd be fine with it. One of those places where you're a couple miles from some little town that's not as big as a spot in the road. One of those places where it's stormy fairly often and you don't see folks for maybe a couple weeks at a stretch. If I had DVDs and yarn and my laptop I believe I'd be okay not seeing anyone for a while. I feel a little anti-social saying that but honestly I think I could be one of those crazy-ass lighthouse keepers.
- Shit. I just remembered that I've got stuff in the washer than needs to be hung up. Should be nice and wrinkly by now.
- I just added ironing to my to-do list for tomorrow. Later, taters!