http://www.one.org Dixie Peach: Petty and Petulant

Cooler than the other side of the pillow.

Monday, December 29, 2008

Petty and Petulant

Kinda like Martin and Lewis.

I was thrilled for my kin but I couldn't help but feel a little butthurt and envious and homesick that when I called over to my sister's house last night, everyone was there. All my siblings, my mother, my nieces and nephews, my favorite aunt and cousins. All family reunion-y and I was 5,000 miles away.

I, however, did not take my pissiness to a higher degree. I did not secretly celebrate that my brother's oldest son wasn't there either. You can't be secretly happy that someone else in the family was missing all the fun when the reason that person was missing is because he's in the Navy. Even Petty and Petulant draws the line somewhere.

3Comments:

Blogger Significant Snail said...

Aw...sorry you missed out! Sometimes it's nice to be far from family...sometimes not so much.

11:51 PM  
Blogger G in Berlin said...

I have fallen in love with Skype- how silly I have been not using it. Can you feel more connected if your family sets up a camera and you are part of the festivities that way?
Happy holidays.

1:22 AM  
Blogger Suzanne said...

My family is on the west coast and I am living in PA. All of my family came home for Christmas this year... except for me. Although when the "big" family gathering was held on the 26th, my brother and his crew were no-shows. It was an odd feeling to not be there, but we are starting our traditions in this new marriage. :)
Happy New Year, Dixie!
~Suzanne
www.sugarloafcottage.blogspot.com

4:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home