http://www.one.org Dixie Peach: In which your eyes glaze over

Cooler than the other side of the pillow.

Tuesday, February 21, 2006

In which your eyes glaze over

Y'all had the crap bored out of you yet from me lately talking about knitting so much? No? Was that a no? I knew it. Y'all are good people. I have trained you well.

Hey. Hey you back there! There in the back! I see you trying to sneak out. Get your hand off that mouse button and finish reading. I've got my eye on you.

Three skeins of lovely ribbon yarn is mine, mine, mine. The scarf pattern I have calls for two but I'm not tempting fate. There was a moment of indecision when I was caught between buying the pale butter yellow or the pinky-peach color but in the end I went with the peach. I am nothing if not predictable in my devotion to peaches.

True to the behavior of most yarn whores I snuck it into the apartment. I figured that on top of me buying yarn yesterday and me subjecting him to watching De-Lovely , B might develop some debilitating eye twitch if I showed him another yarn purchase. Whew! Good thing I have willpower and I didn't buy that silk yarn that was calling my name in a most seductive manner! I'd have ended up with an even bigger bag to sneak home.

Who am I kidding? It wasn't willpower nor the prospect of sneaking in yarn that stopped me. It was the fact that I don't have any projects in mind that could use silk yarn.

Okay. I'm done. You can skedaddle now. I promise I won't talk about knitting or yarn tomorrow.

No! My fingers weren't crossed when I promised. Now scram!

7Comments:

Blogger Kirsti said...

But.. but.. where are the pics? I wanna see yarn pr0n! And you know, silk yarn would make a wonderful clapotis...

10:41 PM  
Blogger christina said...

Yeah, show us your yarn! ;-)

10:44 PM  
Blogger Dixie said...

Kirsti! You enabler, you! Now I'm going to have to go back and get that silk yarn!

I'll put up yarn and project progress pics Thursday. My card reader on my computer doesn't work right and if I ask B to stop what he's doing and unload the pictures on his computer he's going to see the yarn I snuck in!

10:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

heh. dixie, sometimes i feel that way about all my knitting talk, too. :)

11:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I read it, Dixie, I swear! I don't knit or know anything about knitting, but I read!

Hey, I thought of something. Does lo mein look like yarn? No wonder you love it. LOL!

3:48 PM  
Blogger Dixie said...

Kara - I know you understand, my friend.

Mr. Fab - Dude, there are most certainly yarn whores. Knitting is quite hot, you know.

Lisa - Merino wool is very good! It's usually very soft and very easy to knit up.

Four skeins of merino can make you a scarf. What size needles do you have? If they're anywhere between 4.5 and 6mm they'd likely lend themselves to making a nice scarf and don't underestimate how elegant a gray scarf can be with the right stitch. A nice 2X2 rib would be nice, a moss stitch would be very pretty but it's a little tedious, a basketweave would be nice as well. Even just a simple garter stitch scarf with a nice fringe would be very elegant.

Katy - You're one of the ones I've trained so well! Heh! And yes, my love of lo mein may be an extension of my love of yarn!

9:22 PM  
Blogger Mimey said...

It's blue! Everything's blue. Kewl.

I like your peaches.

J

11:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home