http://www.one.org Dixie Peach: Reversal of fortune

Cooler than the other side of the pillow.

Monday, February 20, 2006

Reversal of fortune

Goofy looking basketweave baby blanket is in the past, although I have to say it makes a wonderful nap blanket for me. I have forged on and purchased some sweet, soft marino wool in a delicate pink, a pair of bamboo 5.5mm needles (a want not a need purchase as I must have three other pairs of 5.5mm circular needles) and I have restarted the baby blanket for Zea's baby. I decided to use the Big, Bad Baby Blanket pattern from Stich 'n Bitch - I'd started it before with this pattern but the yarn I used then didn't look so great. So far I can report this pretty wool is slipping very nicely over these smooth needles and I have a good feeling that this project will end in success. I also found some very pretty ribbon yarn I'd like to use to make a springtime scarf but didn't buy any as I didn't know how much my pattern calls for and it was a little pricey to get it wrong. I'll get some tomorrow though if it stop snowing.

I got a lot done last night on another baby blanket I'm working on. B and I watched "De-Lovely" and sweet Jesus that movie bored the shit out of me so I was knitting up a storm. I love Cole Porter's music. I love that era in history. I love Kevin Kline. I even like Ashley Judd fairly well. How could a movie incorporating all that go so wrong? It got to the point where I was hollering at the TV "Will someone please die already so this story will move its ass along?" And boy was B pissed off that I made him watch it. I'd look at him to see how he was enjoying the movie and I would get back the laser death glare.

My wonky lamp is fixed. I deep down knew it must be a burned out bulb but I was hunting for any excuse to replace this lamp because I never have liked it. I only bought it because I was desperate for a floor lamp and was in a hurry at the time. While out this morning on my yarn hunt I searched for a new floor lamp and found that the only one I liked was 399€. Think I got the laser death glare last night? Try me coming home with a floor lamp that costs ten times more than the lamp we currently have. He wouldn't mind an upgrade but even Mr. Patience and Understanding has his limits and after last night's movie fiasco I wasn't taking any chances. I ended up opting for the 7€ bulb, replaced the burned out one when I got home and we're back in business, although I'm fairly certain my overhead lights last night gave me a sunburn on the part in my hair.

My world is back in balance. I'll let you know if my burned scalp starts to peel.

4Comments:

Blogger ninjapoodles said...

I am loving you. I came here because, when I went to Sweetney's blog to add "Confederacy of Dunces" to my previously-commented "must read" list, you'd been there before me, and the rest of your list was so ME. We must be friends! Let the celebration begin!!

2:57 AM  
Blogger Kirsti said...

Heh, mr fabulous beat me to it. Peeling scalps are definitely in the "Gory shit" category.

Way to go on all the knitting progress!

4:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

thanks for being so sweet, miss dixie. i guess karma does come back :) seriously! TWO van morrison songs!

5:25 AM  
Blogger leon's life said...

Be careful if you've burnt your scalp it really hurts if you forget and then start brushing your hair with vigour !!!

10:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home