http://www.one.org Dixie Peach: Thursday Haiku Blogging

Cooler than the other side of the pillow.

Thursday, July 06, 2006

Thursday Haiku Blogging

Summary and observations of the day done in haiku-style verse. Think of it as a bulleted list with a twist.

Muggy, sticky day
Iced in a frosting of sweat
Puffed on by the fan.

Unbearable job
Bakery lady suffers
Give my sympathy.

Man in shorty shorts
The Magnum look is over
Come out of time warp.

Visiting auntie
Gives a card and a twenty
Come back more often!

Hair is recolored
Fresh red is great but best part
Salon has A/C.

Jonesing for sandwich
Tomato and much mayo
Turns bread to pink dough.

We wait for t-storm
Wash air clean, cool down the heat
And thunder's great too.


Y'all thought I was kidding when I said I'd do Haiku Thursdays, didn' you? 'Cept Sari. Sari knows the power of haiku.

5Comments:

Blogger melusina said...

Very clever!

Sorry about the German loss. I guess I wanted them to win too much.

1:33 AM  
Blogger Kirsti said...

Very impressive
This could become addictive.
Now finish that sock!

2:09 AM  
Blogger Maria said...

I'm loving haiku Thursdays!

4:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I couldn't believe it. Wal-Mart still sells those men's shorty-shorts. Barely covering the hang-me-down parts shorty-shorts. Who in the green world wears those things???

Lovin' the haiku. :)

10:45 PM  
Blogger L said...

Hi Dixie,
I am here via Mr. Fab's, love your haiku about mayo and tomatos on bread.

Congrats on winning the quiz.

2:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home