http://www.one.org Dixie Peach: The All-Purpose Yes

Cooler than the other side of the pillow.

Thursday, May 15, 2008

The All-Purpose Yes

B wanted a piece of chocolate sour cream cake.

"You want milk with that, right?"

"Yeah."

"Okay, you want a small glass or a big glass?"

"Oh you asked me if I wanted milk!"

"Uhhhh...yeah. What did you think I said?"

"I had no idea what you said."

"Then why did you answer 'yes' if you didn't know what I asked?"

"I didn't know what you said but it sounded like something I should say 'yes' to."

"Why didn't you just ask me to repeat what I said?"

"Honey, sometimes it's just easier to say 'yes' and not worry about details. It's hard to make a mistake with you if I just answer 'yes'."

I don't know whether to be overjoyed ("Sweetie, can we buy a new car?" "Yes!") or annoyed that sometimes, to him, I'm no more than running my mouth to hear my lips flap.

Labels: ,

8Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm going to bet if you said "Honey, can I buy a new Louis Vuitton bag?" or "Can I buy a Chanel bag?" he would perk up in a second.

You know I'd try.

D Mollie

10:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well whadda know! Boy, do I have some questions for him!

1:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Isn't that just typical of any man in a long-time marriage? I know it is in mine and it irritates the hell out of me. Then I have to tell myself that it is such a minor thing in a great marriage.

8:57 PM  
Blogger The Big Finn said...

It's good to know that he's just 100% GUY!

2:46 AM  
Blogger June Cleaver's Revenge said...

I think it's sweet that he trusts your judgment. :)

4:31 PM  
Blogger TitanKT said...

It's so unusual for you not to post a Friday shuffle. Is everything okay?

-Concerned in Texas

3:21 AM  
Blogger TitanKT said...

Okay, now... persistent silence is worrisome! Post anything. How many fingers am I holding up?

7:50 PM  
Blogger Sirmelja said...

It doesn't matter where he's from - a guy is a guy is a guy! :-)

9:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home