http://www.one.org Dixie Peach: Friday Shuffle - It's Monday So We're Not Shuffling Edition

Cooler than the other side of the pillow.

Monday, May 19, 2008

Friday Shuffle - It's Monday So We're Not Shuffling Edition

If there's one thing this blog proves it's that if someone whacks me over the head, stuffs me the trunk of a car (hope you're driving something like a 1969 Coupe de Ville, else - good luck, fella!) and drives me out to dump me in the middle of nowhere, someone's gonna know I'm missing pretty darn quick and get pretty concerned about it. Either that or more folks than I may want to believe can't wait to read my Friday Shuffle so they can have their weekly fix of alternatively saying "She listens to that crap?" and "Who in the hell is that band?".

Katy, thanks for checking on me, sweetie. I didn't mean to panic you.

So let's have some dots and hope they fill in any blanks I may have inadvertently created.
  • Last Friday may have been my life's highpoint (so far) for couldn't-be-arsed-ness. Wasn't a particularly bad day but by the time evening rolled around I couldn't be bothered to do anything that may take more than three minutes to accomplish, let alone shuffle. I kept meaning to but the time got away from me and by the time I wanted to write it was nearly midnight and about five seconds later I lost interested again, gave the situation a general "screw it", and ate some lime yogurt instead. There. I said it. Lime yogurt was more important than Bixente the iPod. I've since apologized to him and he's since stopped torturing me with Wilson Phillips in constant rotation.
  • I'm messing with y'all. I don't have any Wilson Phillips on my iPod. It was the Monkees.
  • Oh yes I do have the Monkees on my iPod and will not apologize for it. I love the Monkees. I'll even get into an argument with you why the Monkees are as deserving if not more so than Madonna for induction into the Rock 'n Roll Hall of Fame.
  • My cannot-be-arsed-ness continued through the weekend and it is directly responsible for the fact that I've been knitting on the same pair of socks for like a month now and I'm barely past the gussets on each sock. Like the sock. Like the yarn. Love who I'm knitting it for. Cannot gather the interest to finish them to save my soul but the pressure of staying up to date with the various sock knit-alongs will prod me along. Think I'm semi-surly now? Just watch me after I crap out in a sock knit-along. Keep your children and pets away from me. I may bite.
  • Can't-be-arsed-ness is also the reason the only things I accomplished were watching a couple movies and ordering out for dinner to be delivered on Saturday evening. I may have even skipped the ordering dinner part except that B gets so fussy when he doesn't get any food. He is so spoiled.
  • Here. Let's get a little nostalgic. If I'm not going to shuffle for you, let's at least do a little Kinder Surprise Egg Blogging. Pass your cursor over the photo to see it change.


Wonder if I can get that little guy to finish knitting my socks? His pincers look like they can handle double pointed needles.

Labels: ,

3Comments:

Blogger TitanKT said...

Phew! Okay, I'm happy now. So happy I'm... dare I say it? Dotty!!! Bwahahahaha.

2:54 AM  
Blogger sari said...

I'm glad everything's ok. Sometimes lime yogurt is more important than other things, and I'll tell you, even though I'm feeling the love, it's 110 outside right now and I'm really not needing a pair of socks for a good bit of time.

XOXO!!

PS I always wanted a dog named Wilson.

1:57 AM  
Blogger UmmFarouq said...

Hey Hey we're the Monkees
People say we monkey around...

Love the Monkees. No need to apologize for that one at all!

I checked on Friday and saw no shuffle, got a bit concerned, but figured you would let us know. And you did.

We must get the reject Kinder Surprise Eggs in Jordan. Our toys are always so lame. How'd you do that nifty picture trick?

I know my socks are finished but I'm ok for a couple of months, too. Take care.

7:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home