http://www.one.org Dixie Peach: The Lazy Peach's Way Out

Cooler than the other side of the pillow.

Wednesday, July 29, 2009

The Lazy Peach's Way Out

Facebook is killing me. I waste more time messing with virtual farms and houses and mafia crews and taking inane quizzes. Maybe it makes up for my ability to get a houseplant to live for more than six months and YoVille houses never need cleaning but at any rate the virtual upkeep of these distractions wears on my desire to write. And you know what that leads to, don't you? Bulleted lists.
  • So - the search for a new flat goes on. The first one I looked at was wonderful. It still needed to have the main renovations done and still I could see that it was the perfect flat for us. Big rooms, perfect location - the works. I nearly wept when the lady from the rental company said they'd put in whatever floors we wanted and they'd retile the kitchen. Wept because there's no way we can live there. This building was originally built without an elevator and so when one was put in later they had to put it up one set of eight steep steps. The portable ramps we own won't work without being very hazardous and there's no way to get to the elevator otherwise. I still can't get that flat out of my head but I've had to stop mentioning around B. He feels so guilty that he's the reason we can't move there that when I talk about how much I loved that flat it hurts his feelings. Right now I'm working on getting the right combination of location, an elevator that goes all the way to the ground floor, price, and the right amount of space. We don't really need to move (so far) so we'll just take our time and keep looking.

  • I got my new glasses and I have to say that I like them. I see well out of them, they're comfortable and I think they look at least halfway decent on me. B likes them as well but he's very easy to please. I'll try to do the picture thing soon.

  • B and I planned on going out this weekend for our 10th wedding anniversary but that's not going to work out. He's got a problem with his left heel that will keep him from being able to wear a shoe or put any weight on his foot. A big disc of dead skin grew on his heel and normally it would get dry and peel off on its own but this time it created a sort of pressure sore underneath it. I got some cream from B's dermatologist that was supposed to help with the disc of skin coming off but it didn't work as well as we'd hoped and underneath the dead skin the pressure of it...I don't know...killed off the blood supply. Don't ask me - I don't know shit about this sort of pressure sore. It's like a pressure sore that's not open to the surface but fluid would build up underneath and created a blister and then it popped and leaked out and then the dead skin loosened but I didn't dare remove it because the sking underneath still looked raw. All I know is that while the dermatologist was on vacation in China I kept down any infection as best I could by cleaning the wound and slapping on a pantload of antibiotic cream. I did pretty well because by the time the dermatologist saw the wound today he congratulated me on keeping B's foot from getting too funky. The doctor then clipped off all the dead and funky skin and for the next two weeks I have to keep it cleaned and dressed and B has to stay in bed - no shoes, no sitting in a wheelchair with the weight of his leg pressing on his heel. B's afraid that he's disappointing me by not being able to take me out to celebrate our anniversay but I told it to him straight. Being married means we take care of each other and that's always going to be our priority, not going out to dinner.

  • I want to find whoever developed Januvia and kiss them. With tongue.

13Comments:

Anonymous Lisa said...

I left the window open to your site while I was apt. hunting. How appropriate is that. I feel your pain on the first place. The house we just gave back would've been great for us, too. Kindergarten and church in view of the living room window. Grade school in the back yard. Bakery and grocery about 5 minutes by foot. Neighbors took excellent care of their properties and the landlord was a nice guy. Cursed toxic fumes and oil heating. *sigh*

Congrats on your upcoming 10th! Mine and my ever-suffering hubby's is this October. I'm ever surprised we haven't killed each other yet. :)

I loved your line about first priority being to take care of each other. We all need to remember that, especially me.

1:18 PM  
Blogger Hilda said...

Happy upcoming anniversary! And I too am a Januviaite...

1:28 AM  
Blogger TitanKT said...

Dixie, my blogging has declined significantly since I've been on FB, too. Shameful. But, hey! Thanks for all the cool stuff for Mafia Wars, I just wish I didn't suck bigtime at that one. I have severe money issues and everyone knows in the mafia, it's ALL about money. However, my FarmTown farm is going great and my other favorite app is FluffFriends and I do enjoy that.

In the meantime... meh... not so much on the blogging.

6:26 AM  
Blogger sari said...

Yeah, the big huge time suck. I know.

I've been terrible about my blog and even worse about visiting anyone else's. !

I hope B's feeling better and you guys can get out and have some fun soon.

Have a terrific weekend!

3:49 PM  
Blogger UmmFarouq said...

Miss your posts!

9:36 AM  
Blogger jen said...

hey, you coming back this way or did we lose you to the FB jungle?

3:35 PM  
Blogger Brendina Pederhold said...

Saw an article about you leading to this blog. We just moved to Magdeburg! Would you be willing to take a look at our latest blog... Does what we say about the moving process line up with your experience?

10:27 AM  
Blogger Meran said...

Dixie--laughed so hard at what you'd do to the inventor of Januvia. :) You are an awesome person!

3:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Microsoftcompany web directory.Add Link to seo friendly free general web directory,reciprocal web directory
featured web directory,regular web directory.www.microsoftcompany.com

9:46 AM  
Blogger Sirmelja said...

You haven't been around for awhile. Hope all is well. I have a little sunshine for you - as in a Sunshine Award. Pick it up on my blog.

5:04 PM  
Blogger Kim said...

Dixie Peach, where are you??? I am missing your blog. It was allowing me to live vicariously through you and recall my days in the Deutsch speaking world. I hope all is well...

8:50 PM  
Anonymous Becky said...

I happened across an old post of mine that referenced an old post of yours, so thought I'd check in. Lo and behold, almost exactly a year since you've posted! Will you ever come back? Hope so!

9:19 PM  
Blogger kbryan said...

Hi there, it has been way too long since we've heard from you. Please give us an update on how you and B. are doing. We miss your posts!

Kay

4:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home