http://www.one.org Dixie Peach: Try, Try Again

Cooler than the other side of the pillow.

Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Try, Try Again

I found out today that the flat we'd be seeing on Friday doesn't have elevator access that goes to the ground floor. There are six steps up to the elevator so that puts us out. And the elevator doesn't seem to be large enough for B's wheelchair so even if there weren't steps it wouldn't be suitable anyway.

I knew I shouldn't have done this. Find a flat that seemed so perfect. Right floor plan, right number of square meters, right price and location. Next thing you know I'm picking out paint colors in my mind, planning on where I'm going to put furniture and imagining myself walking all of thirty seconds before I'm at the Christmas market. I start seeing myself in that perfect flat and then bam! One thing doesn't fit with us and I've spent my time daydreaming for nothing.

I'm still going to meet with the lady from the rental company on Friday. I'm fairly sure that there are other flats in that area in that style that, if not available right now, will be one day. Maybe we can get on a waiting list or something. We're not going to give up yet looking for our dream apartment but I think I'll say myself some frustration and disappointment by giving up the daydreaming.

5Comments:

Blogger Significant Snail said...

I'm glad you're still meeting with the rental lady. Perhaps your dream will happen sooner than you think!

12:39 AM  
Anonymous Lisa said...

Impossible to keep that sharp mind of yours from daydreaming. I do that too. Just this morning I learned of a barely used kitchen that might be available and instantly I'm planning on how to decorate with it. The hubby got snarky with me for always being ten steps ahead, but hey, can't help it.

Smart to speak with the lady anyway and see what else is available. Speaking of, did you see the piece on the news about agents offering to let customers see the 'special' list for a small fee? You've probably already heard of this but I was shocked. I would've fallen for it, too. I'm that naive about the way things work.

11:27 AM  
Blogger christina said...

Oh pooh! You'd think they'd want to make these places as renter-friendly as possible and think of stuff like that, but oh well, you can't win them all.

Yeah, talk have a little chat with the lady and everyone else you know. We found our house just by word of mouth after telling about a hundred people were were looking.

2:35 PM  
Blogger Tiffany said...

Ack I'm sorry Dix! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!

5:21 PM  
Blogger J said...

I don't believe you. I do the same thing and suffer the same disappointment when things don't work out according to my daydream. However, I keep daydreaming because some things do work out like I had imagined and that makes it all worth it. I bet you'll keep daydreaming too.

Sorry it didn't work out for you, but you have the fortunate advantage of not needing to move and being able to take your time. Something perfect will come along.

3:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home